Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cargo Liner Question / Advice For 08 Rubi Unlimited

Old 01-22-2009, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cargo Liner Question / Advice For 08 Rubi Unlimited

Hi Everybody,

I recently bought a 08 Rubi Unlimited and was considering buying a liner (plastic, rubber, vinyl) for the rear interior - to protect my carpet, from stains, tears, etc. I have a new born; so I am thinking I will constantly be hauling something in the back - so I thought it might be a smart investment to protect my carper with a rubber like liner I was just wondering if any of you have ever bought something like this for your Jeep?

If you have - do you have any brands; or websites you recommend buying from that makes a good cargo liner; and that fits the jeep wrangler unlited interior perfectly? Any advice you want to give regarding this item - would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is Laz-e-boy, as in the cardboard box my new recliner came in. Just cut it into pieces of appropriate length and width. Also doubles as a "crawler" when getting under the jeep, and targets for when I get to where I am plinking.

Sorry....I know that isn't your question, but thought it was a good free bump.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Junkie

there are a bunch out there. Husky makes a good one, but if you have a newborn, then you will probably find youself changing a diaper or 50 in the back area, so go with something a little softer like the Lloyd rubbertite cargo mat

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14149_50X_PG.htm
Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 AM
JK Super Freak

hey hickory_cocaine_55

I'd personally rec husky's. I had them for 10+ years on my TJ and beat them.

They are not the solution for everyone but work great for me: they catch/hold mud/dirt/melting snow/etc and don't crack or break. and I've abused them! I guess it depends on what you're looking to cover and expect the liner to do.

You could go as far as a bedliner (Line-X / Rhino / Herc) and remove the carpets. Each surface or covering has pros/cons.

Try seaching in the Stock JK Tech section but here are some threads to start you off:

husky vs. catch-all thread

husky thread with pics

Good luck!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
there are a bunch out there. Husky makes a good one, but if you have a newborn, then you will probably find youself changing a diaper or 50 in the back area, so go with something a little softer like the Lloyd rubbertite cargo mat

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14149_50X_PG.htm
Does this mat "fold up" in the 4 door if the back seats are up?"
Old 01-22-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Canvasvack

Try canvasback of idaho.

www.canvasback.com
Old 01-24-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

I have the Husky Cargo liner in the back, put down a towel on the Husky liner and you are in diaper changing heaven. The Weather Tech is better quality than the Husky but its substantially more $$.

Quick Reply: Cargo Liner Question / Advice For 08 Rubi Unlimited