Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cargo door holes...

Old 05-25-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo door holes...

I am looking to replace the OEM rear bumper with a Bumper and Tire Carrier for future tire upgrades. In doing this, of course I have to remove the OEM tire carrier. I have noticed several posts on here with pics of this done and there are open holes where the bracket and/or tire bump stops were.

Is there a kit or something that will plug these up to keep from getting water in the rear door?

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a few pics of our UFO's used around the Jeep, and a link to our website. http://www.vectoroffroad.com/rear-ufos-p-56.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bmf pics 011.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	177889   Click image for larger version

Name:	bmf pics 009.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	177890   Click image for larger version

Name:	bmf pics 010.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	177891   Click image for larger version

Name:	bmf pics 008.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	177892  
Old 07-03-2011, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vector Offroad
Here are a few pics of our UFO's used around the Jeep, and a link to our website. http://www.vectoroffroad.com/rear-ufos-p-56.html
I appreciate the response, but it would appear that this does not handle the 3rd brake light hole as it is not a boltable hole, is that correct? Also, I was wondering, do you have it with out the silver bolts? I am really not wanting anything "chrome" on my jeep. Another question, do I have to use the plate with the UFOs for the bolt holes for the tire carrier 8 mount holes? Also, that seems pretty expensive for these as it would cost me ~$125 for the bolt holes and the tire bumps, and that is not counting the plate or the 3rd brake light hole.

Thanks
Old 07-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by AlphaWolf69
I appreciate the response, but it would appear that this does not handle the 3rd brake light hole as it is not a boltable hole, is that correct? Also, I was wondering, do you have it with out the silver bolts? I am really not wanting anything "chrome" on my jeep. Another question, do I have to use the plate with the UFOs for the bolt holes for the tire carrier 8 mount holes? Also, that seems pretty expensive for these as it would cost me ~$125 for the bolt holes and the tire bumps, and that is not counting the plate or the 3rd brake light hole.

Thanks
The rear UFO's cost $23.99 which includes two ufo's and mounting hardware. They will fill the 2 rubber bumper holes. The third brake light hole is too large for UFO well nuts, so we don't offer a solution for that. However, if you look at the pics I posted, you can see that we left the factory grommet in the hole. If you are looking to fill the 8 spare tire bolt holes, we have the Element Plate that bolts up to the factory holes, and provides a clean look and allows you to keep the factory baffle in place. The factory baffle helps regulate the air pressure inside the Jeep, and keeps water from getting in your gate. The Element Plate is $69.99, and it re-uses your factory bolts. Here is a link for it: http://www.vectoroffroad.com/jk-elem...kdi2jmj7laku93

We only offer stainless steel hardware. Many customers just paint them if they prefer the blacked out look. With the 15% discount we have going this weekend by using code jkf4th upon checkout, your total would be around $79.89 + around $10.00 shipping.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Will the discount run until the 5th? This is great product and goes great with rotopax.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by mmcc
Will the discount run until the 5th? This is great product and goes great with rotopax.
Yes, the sale runs through the 5th.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vector Offroad

Yes, the sale runs through the 5th.
Thanks... Happy 4th!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just put the bolts back in that held in the tire carrier in place. Nice part is that it is free.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ericker
I just put the bolts back in that held in the tire carrier in place. Nice part is that it is free.
Yep , what I did too and also picked up some plugs for the large black nipple holes from Lowes when I ran sans spare.
The Vector stuff looks nice though.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Here is a closer shot of the Element Plate and rear UFO's.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	elementplate.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	178241  

Quick Reply: Cargo door holes...