Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cargo area carpet replacement options ?

Old 02-24-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo area carpet replacement options ?

I actually ordered Lloyd mat for the cargo area, however, it only covers the flat area of the trunk. I was wondering if anyone came up with the solution on how to cover carpet area that covers sides of the cargo area (fenders, etc)? I have a dog and while Lloyd rubber mat helps on the flat area, the side still covered in carpet and its almost impossible to clean dog's hair from it.
I hope someone came up with the solution for this problem.
Thanks.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I use a piece of a trampoline mat.... I left the D rings on one side and zip tie to loops near tailgate... I cut the mat in a rectangle..... When back seat is folded, the mat rolls out to the front seats.... other wise the mat is rolled to rear seat and excess is tucked under rear seat.... works good. I tailgate allot and will have items spill or just pick up loose gravel and dirt... now I unload.. roll mat out.. shake or hose off... roll back in...
Old 02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kesmith8
I use a piece of a trampoline mat.... I left the D rings on one side and zip tie to loops near tailgate... I cut the mat in a rectangle..... When back seat is folded, the mat rolls out to the front seats.... other wise the mat is rolled to rear seat and excess is tucked under rear seat.... works good. I tailgate allot and will have items spill or just pick up loose gravel and dirt... now I unload.. roll mat out.. shake or hose off... roll back in...
Good idea, but hard to visualize without pictures.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SFBayArea
Good idea, but hard to visualize without pictures.
I will get some pics uploaded in the morn... I had not thought about taking pics until seeing this thread...
Old 02-24-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Default try this

go to lowes hardware they sell padded high density foam square that interloc and sheet of high density rubber type stuff multiple colors, i used the squares in the back of my pick up they were great.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rj'sjeep
go to lowes hardware they sell padded high density foam square that interloc and sheet of high density rubber type stuff multiple colors, i used the squares in the back of my pick up they were great.
RJ, I know those padded foam mat, too bad I didn't think of them before, I am sure they would be great for the flat part of the cargo area, but too late for me since tomorrow I am getting Lloyed. In regards of the side carpet, did you use "high density rubber" staff? What is this rubber sheet that you are talking about, I don't think I've seen it at Lowe's. Any chance you can find it on Lowe's online?

Quick Reply: Cargo area carpet replacement options ?