Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Carbureted motor with power interior accessories...is it possible

Old 11-16-2014, 07:59 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts

Regarding the rear main seal leaking, a few years ago I tried some snake oil from BlueDevil that worked pretty well -- car is still in the family and it hardly leaks anything at all now.

Slightly related, regarding carbs instead of fuel injection -- With FI it's nice to not have the altitude mixture problem, or the flooding problems on steep hills or off camber (depending on where the float bowl is on the carb). As much as I loved to tune carbs, I'd hate to go back.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.T
Regarding the rear main seal leaking, a few years ago I tried some snake oil from BlueDevil that worked pretty well -- car is still in the family and it hardly leaks anything at all now.

Slightly related, regarding carbs instead of fuel injection -- With FI it's nice to not have the altitude mixture problem, or the flooding problems on steep hills or off camber (depending on where the float bowl is on the carb). As much as I loved to tune carbs, I'd hate to go back.

That's good to know. Most stop leak products are only good for the sale or trade in because they really "milk" up the oil. Im definitely going to keep that in mind. Who sells blue devil products?
Old 11-18-2014, 04:09 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts

BlueDevil stuff is at a NAPA store near me, but they sell direct as well.

Quick Reply: Carbureted motor with power interior accessories...is it possible