Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can't decide - JCR or RH4x4 Skids

Old 06-18-2015, 05:31 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4X4JK
I think I am leaning towards the RH skids, however, I read several articles about vibrations and rattling. Anyone had that experience and what would the remedy be if any?
Our skid plates mount away from all drivetrain or moving parts of your Jeep, so the only way I can think of rattling would be if it's a 3.6L JK and the Jeeper isn't using our exhaust crossover pipe shim, or they simply need to contact us for an additional one.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Hard 4x4
Our skid plates mount away from all drivetrain or moving parts of your Jeep, so the only way I can think of rattling would be if it's a 3.6L JK and the Jeeper isn't using our exhaust crossover pipe shim, or they simply need to contact us for an additional one.
I really like my RH skid. I like that it doesn't attach to the engine and that it attaches to the frame and motor mounts. Mine had a rattle from the exhaust loop, but it just required some shims and it went away. RH was great about helping me with it and getting them to me.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 06-18-2015, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the responses. It helped with my decision. Truly appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Can't decide - JCR or RH4x4 Skids