Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cant Decide

Old 02-20-2009, 08:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant Decide

I thought I had figured out what I wanted until I started doing more searching...now im even more confused...

I was going to go with a daystar 1 3/4 BB, the description says leveling kit, but ive been reading that it just lifts, and does not level.

The other option is Daystar 1 3/4 spacers up front and Teraflex 1 spacer in back. I guess this might level better than the daystar kit.

The daystar kit comes with some other brackets, bump stops, etc I dont think I will get these if I buy the spacers seperate...do I need them??

Im just trying to lift the JK a bit, but mostly keep the front end up when I get my bumper next week...

Too much info here is making my head spin
Old 02-21-2009, 04:14 AM
JK Junkie

Get your bumper on first and then measure. That way you'll be exactly where you want to be with the additional weight in the front.

I'm also guessing that you're not that far from Quadratec, which would make for a leisurely day trip and get exactly what you need if you're too anxious to get it done.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your going to just level our your Jeep then just go with a 3/4 spacer up front. If you want slight lift at the same time then you might try a 1 3/4 in the rear then a 2 1/2 up front.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Super Freak

With the 1.75" kit, are you getting any shock extensions with the kit? The reason I ask is I did the Rough Country 1.75" kit to start off with and it didn't come with those....that will limit the amount of downtravel in your suspension because you're creating more space between the axle and the frame, but the shocks are still the same length so the axle will only drop until the shock bottoms out....

sway bar disconnected, 1.75" kit without shock extensions....

sway bar disconnected, 1.75" kit WITH shock extensions....

Something that may be a little bit better deal is going with a Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost (includes everything you'll need....extensions or longer shocks, bumpstops, etc.) or the Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost (2.5" front/2" rear to help with leveling, shock extensions or longer shocks...no bumpstops unless you get the 2.2 shocks though)......OR, get the Rough Country 2.5" Coils with the 2.2 Shocks for about $329 (new coils and shocks, bumpstops are built in to the shocks) <----that's what I ended up with.

If you'd rather stay with a smaller lift like the 1.75", then you're on the right track I think with the 1.75" front/ maybe a 3/4" or 1" in the rear to keep it close to level.....but I think in the end you'd be happer with at least the 2.5" kit.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
With the 1.75" kit, are you getting any shock extensions with the kit? The reason I ask is I did the Rough Country 1.75" kit to start off with and it didn't come with those....that will limit the amount of downtravel in your suspension because you're creating more space between the axle and the frame, but the shocks are still the same length so the axle will only drop until the shock bottoms out....

Something that may be a little bit better deal is going with a Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost (includes everything you'll need....extensions or longer shocks, bumpstops, etc.) or the Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost (2.5" front/2" rear to help with leveling, shock extensions or longer shocks...no bumpstops unless you get the 2.2 shocks though)......OR, get the Rough Country 2.5" Coils with the 2.2 Shocks for about $329 (new coils and shocks, bumpstops are built in to the shocks) <----that's what I ended up with.

If you'd rather stay with a smaller lift like the 1.75", then you're on the right track I think with the 1.75" front/ maybe a 3/4" or 1" in the rear to keep it close to level.....but I think in the end you'd be happer with at least the 2.5" kit.
The 1.75 daystar kit comes with 2 Rear Sway Bar Drop Brackets...but no shock ext. Maybe I will wait till I add the bumper before the level/lift...

Last edited by jmat1980; 02-21-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jmat1980
The 1.75 daystar kit comes with 2 Rear Sway Bar Drop Brackets...but no shock ext. Maybe I will wait till I add the bumper before the level/lift...
I had the Daystar 1 3/4 " BB on my 2DR. if you leave the rear spring isolators out of the rear it will come real close to level.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I did was put the Rusty's 2" coil spring lift with a 3/4" spacer up front. It will give you a good ride plus level out the Jeep.

BTW where in Sussex are you? I went to Newton High School, my parents are in Lafayette, NJ.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by armycop
What I did was put the Rusty's 2" coil spring lift with a 3/4" spacer up front. It will give you a good ride plus level out the Jeep.

BTW where in Sussex are you? I went to Newton High School, my parents are in Lafayette, NJ.
Off Topic, but just wanted to say I like your new setup ArmyCop!! I like the factory 17's with the Hankook's much better..good job!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-KJ

How difficult was the install for the RC 2.5 coil lift?? I figure for $30 more than the RC 2.5 BB lift its a better deal, right?
Old 02-21-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jmat1980
How difficult was the install for the RC 2.5 coil lift?? I figure for $30 more than the RC 2.5 BB lift its a better deal, right?
Yep, in my opinion anyways....install is super easy, easier than the BB for sure...with the BB you have to bolt in the spacers I think, on the coil kit you just remove the factory coils and muscle in the new ones..and replace the shocks of course, which is also very simple.

Quick Reply: Cant Decide