Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can XRC squeak/rattle be fixed??

Old 12-03-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can XRC squeak/rattle be fixed??

Title pretty much explains it. I have a smittybilt xrc rear bumper with tire carrier that I installed about 4 months ago. It was silent until just recently and now its noisy as hell all the sudden. It rattles and/or squeaks constantly. I have already checked and everything is tight. Anyone figured out a way to MAKE IT STOP?
Old 12-03-2011, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the exact same problem... someone awhile back had mention putting washers next to the rubber gasket that locks the tire carrier in place, but I'm not sure what size. it got really bad the other day and found out the my license plate holder had come completely off and was just sitting on the bumper. both tabs broke and the two screws had backed out. Anyway, I love the bumper, but I may end up switching just to get rid of the rattle. hope someone else has more/better ideas
Old 12-03-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by littlecricket
I have the exact same problem... someone awhile back had mention putting washers next to the rubber gasket that locks the tire carrier in place, but I'm not sure what size. it got really bad the other day and found out the my license plate holder had come completely off and was just sitting on the bumper. both tabs broke and the two screws had backed out. Anyway, I love the bumper, but I may end up switching just to get rid of the rattle. hope someone else has more/better ideas
I know mine is not rattling at the handle. Sounds more like around the tire or the hinge. I'm on the same page as far as I freaking love the bumper, but it's making me crazy right now. It hasn't bothered me as much until lately when I had to put the doors and top back on and now it's all I can hear
Old 12-03-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

ANYBODY? It's making me crazy
Old 12-03-2011, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribed, I have one. It's newish, and quite.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:05 AM
JK Jedi

I removed the bolt holding the handle on, removed the handle and the whole locking mechanism by sliding it out. Then greased it up, slid the pin back in replaced the handle and bolt..I hope it helps you as it did me.
I hope i described it well enough for you.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BONDSY
I removed the bolt holding the handle on, removed the handle and the whole locking mechanism by sliding it out. Then greased it up, slid the pin back in replaced the handle and bolt..I hope it helps you as it did me.
I hope i described it well enough for you.
I think I know what your saying. I give that a shot. Thanks

Quick Reply: Can XRC squeak/rattle be fixed??