Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can we use rino liner or linex on the stock bumper?

Old 04-12-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Can we use rino liner or linex on the stock bumper?

I am just wondering. I want to mod the Stock bumper. But, I am not sure if I can use rino liner or linex on a flexible surface. Let me know if you know.

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bumper

I don't understand so you have a bumper that is black and you want to spend money to make it black. or a different color. or you just want to spend money on a bumper that came with your jeep and most of us have thrown away. ????? may be I just don't get it.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can line bumpers and other flexible components, such as fender flairs but you may want to look into it a bit. alot of these processes are applied hot. This could potentially melt or warp certain plastics, so keep that in mind...
Old 04-12-2008, 06:56 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you wanna go the cheaper route, buy Durabak, just google it.

Its comes in a gallon can, You can roll it on or spray it. You should have enough for the rub and bumpers
Old 04-12-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
If you wanna go the cheaper route, buy Durabak, just google it.

Its comes in a gallon can, You can roll it on or spray it. You should have enough for the rub and bumpers
Thanks! I think I will buy a test gallon and use it on some other applications to see how it looks. Do you know if it will give a similar textured look, like rino liner? After cutting, welding the plastic and sanding it smooth, I want to apply this and have it look as close to "factory" as possible.

-Chuck
Old 04-12-2008, 08:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default paint

hey chukronos didn't mean to be rude I have used duplicolor bedliner paint wich looks very similar to linex and is easy to apply , is just not the real thing. but that could work for what you want.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin
hey chukronos didn't mean to be rude I have used duplicolor bedliner paint wich looks very similar to linex and is easy to apply , is just not the real thing. but that could work for what you want.

Thanks. I'll look into that as well. I may go pick up some of that tomorrow and see how it looks.

-Chuck
Old 04-12-2008, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll throw another one at ya, gatorhide. One of the guys in our club has it on his TJ's fender flares. Looks decent and its flexable.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Chukronos
Thanks! I think I will buy a test gallon and use it on some other applications to see how it looks. Do you know if it will give a similar textured look, like rino liner? After cutting, welding the plastic and sanding it smooth, I want to apply this and have it look as close to "factory" as possible.

-Chuck
yep, it looks exactly the same, I used it in my both our TJ's. and my wlllys. Its flexable and looks good.

Quick Reply: Can we use rino liner or linex on the stock bumper?