Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can we talk about MPG (again)?

Old 05-08-2015, 12:40 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
You could go 5.38 in a d30 also if your feeling brave enough. Rubi just changes strength of pinion/ring gear.
Is Richmond making those again? They hadn't been available for years.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf

Is Richmond making those again? They hadn't been available for years.
They were and one other company i dont recall. There was info on pirate and jko if i recall. It wasn't to long ago i saw them, but never called to see on stock so may be all backordered.

Just researched. Looks all backordered, but some available on small timer online shops like the ones you find on amazon or google shopping.

If you Google the richmond part number you can find them for sale. Jegs has some as well as others.

Last edited by Maertz; 05-08-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the biggest difference in MPG between 2 similar vehicles ... is the way you drive it...

PD: The stock plugs aren´t supposed to be iridium ?
Old 05-08-2015, 01:46 PM
dog
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Joe_B
You can't go any lower than 5.38s in a jk dana 44.
Originally Posted by nthinuf
Yep, 5.38's is the highest (numeric) you can go. Your best bet would just be to read through a few of the thousands of "what gears should I get" threads that are already here. Plenty of opinion to go around. Just make sure to note the setup of whoever is replying, since 3.6's and 3.8 6-spds have different gearing needs. Also look at where they live compared to you, high altitude with lots of hills/mountains or sea level with totally flat roads. Or all in town/offroad compared to a long daily commute at 80+ on the freeway. It can all make a difference in the replies you get...

Ugh!!!

For the last week I've been saying 5.38 vs. 5.86 (leaning 5.86) when what I meant (and originally researched) was 5.13 vs. 5.38 (leaning 5.38).

I'm a dumbass, it's been a long week. I swear I've read too many gearing threads and I need to sit back and take a break.

I'm at 6500 ft and play on big rocks every weekend. Yes, I did wheels before gearing and armor and that's not ideal, but I understand the risks and know pretty well the limitations of my vehicle. I'm taking it easy with my current setup because my wallet is empty. In a few weeks I'll be regearing/artec front truss&guss/and possibly bjs. I'll be out of town for the next couple weeks here and there for work and vacation.. so it's one thing after another!

I really do appreciate everyone's contributions, it helps me a lot.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well enjoy the bjs. Nothing beats a good bj....
Old 05-08-2015, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I got my jeep I wanted the best mpg's I could get. So naturally I stuck to slow acceleration and watching the street lights like crazy so that I could always shoot right through them. I got sick of driving like a grandma so I sped up the acceleration a little bit and found that I got much better mpg's. I went from 12mpg to 14-15mpg. However it is a very fine line. If you accelerate to fast it will go down and if you accelerate to slow it will also go down.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:39 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
Just researched. Looks all backordered, but some available on small timer online shops like the ones you find on amazon or google shopping.
Glad they went back into production. That ratio in a d30 isn't for everyone, but for the few who would want it, it's good to have the option.

Quick Reply: Can we talk about MPG (again)?