Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can the stock grill be easily removed with an AEV bumper in place ?

Old 07-28-2015, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Can the stock grill be easily removed with an AEV bumper in place ?

I am considering letting my dealer install AEV bumpers on a new Sahara prior to delivery. I will be installing truck lights and wonder if I have to remove the grill and possibly remove the bumper.

I know grill removal is easy in most cases but wonder if the close fit of the AEV will get in the way. I'm going with the no-hoop version and the Warn 9.5 if it matters.

Thank you in advance
Old 07-28-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to take off the solenoid pack on my winch when removing the grill. The hoop was very close to causing drama, but didn't. Sounds like you won't have to worry about that at least.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
I am considering letting my dealer install AEV bumpers on a new Sahara prior to delivery. I will be installing truck lights and wonder if I have to remove the grill and possibly remove the bumper.

I know grill removal is easy in most cases but wonder if the close fit of the AEV will get in the way. I'm going with the no-hoop version and the Warn 9.5 if it matters.

Thank you in advance

I have a winch and hardrock winch plate on my stock bumper and I can not easily remove my grill, but the good news is you really don't need to remove it to install trucklites. I just popped the pushpins on top of the grill and tilted the grill forward and had plenty of room to install my trucklites.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the AEV bumper with bull bar and the Warn 9.5 there's only about a 1/4" between grill and winch.
Basically impossible to even tilt grill forward

Quick Reply: Can the stock grill be easily removed with an AEV bumper in place ?