Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

can i trust shops

Old 04-25-2016, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely agree with the above stated that a shop is only good as their weakest tech. I do all my own work myself unless it needs to go to a shop for welding or alignment or something as such. I don't know if its just me but I feel that most of the time I don't get what I expect if I don't do it myself. Unfortunately in this day and age most people that work at these shops installing things are not paid very well and don't seem to care about or have the proper knowledge to do a good job. I'm sure there are some shops out there that will do a good job, but I would make sure I did as much research as possible. When I was in high school I worked at a Local off-road shop and was installing lifts at 16 years old making 7 dollars an hour and im sure most shops still employee low to minimum wage to do certain jobs. Just food for thought.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it yourself. I felt the same way. My first jeep was my first lift kit install and it wasn't that bad at all when I look back on it. Take a weekend and grab a case of beer and a friend and knock it out. It was fun and I learned a lot about jeeps doing it myself. Just pay attention to parts that are switched out for aftermarket and their torque specs and you'll be fine. If you have any trouble just call the manufacturer and they'll all most likely have a technical questions area with someone that can answer just about any question you have about your lift of choice.

Quick Reply: can i trust shops