Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

can i switch my seats with side air bag seats?

Old 12-19-2009, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i switch my seats with side air bag seats?

i didnt get the airbag upgrade in my sahara when i bought it, im selling my jk because i cant stand driving the horrible automatic anymore, im buying a 6spd i have a guy interested in buying it if i can get the airbag seat added, anyone know if this is possible? im going to ask the dealer on monday but there closed till then. im assuming all you would do is swap the seat add the sensors and tie in the wiring to the air bag shit but i dont know. thanks.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would probably require replacing the airbag module and maybe add some wires. Sounds pretty expensive to Me
Old 12-19-2009, 07:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

replace or recode the airbag module/entire vehicle to recognize that seat is there. More than just the seat for sure..

Not to mention the doner vehicle of the airbag seat will have the same problem with the light always on.

Quick Reply: can i switch my seats with side air bag seats?