Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can I run 35s stock for a week

Old 05-15-2011, 03:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by b5rider
I can't wait!! I just got my wheels/tires and was wondering if I could bolt them on and run around town until I put my lift on next week
I have personal experience of over 3 months of driving and about 2k miles Here are the other steps needed:
- Need to have the right backspacing (spacers or rims)
- Trim or remove front airdam
- At full lock, likely to rub. Add a washer or two to the steer stops,see project-jk write up
- No offroad
-Take it easy. The normal size curb to get in my driveway could rub the fenders if I did not crawl over it..
- You'll be taking a step backward in terms of ride comfort until the lift goes on.

Good luck..
Old 05-17-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to assume that the rubbing is just against the inner fender or front airdam? so, nothing really permanent?
I don't have the air dam anymore and was very interested in pushing some miles on mine sans lift. it is a DD but, almost all of the roads are semi-smooth.

Quick Reply: Can I run 35s stock for a week