Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can I run 2.5 inch coils + 1inch spacer up front and 2.5 inch rear spacers?

Old 11-24-2012, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I run 2.5 inch coils + 1inch spacer up front and 2.5 inch rear spacers?

I currently have the full teraflex 2.5 budgetboost w/ bumpstops, swaybars, shocks, brakelines and rear tracbar bracket. I got some sag up front on my #15 coils when adding 160lbs of bumper and winch. I want to ditch my 2.5 spacers up front and put in 2.5 tf springs along with their 1 inch spacer while just leaving the 2.5inch spacer in the rear. I figure their springs will sag as well which is why I wanna do the 1 iinch spacer up front. Can I do this? Or should I do the rears too?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

My opinion? Quit battling the unpredictable half-assed combinations and just get 2.5" coils all the way around.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:31 PM
JK Freak

Don't do it. Do the 2.5 lift. Then see if you need any spacers and how tall. Chances are it will sag 1/4-1/2" up front. But so will the rear. 1" of spacer is a lot. You will over do it.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by loserhead4236
I currently have the full teraflex 2.5 budgetboost w/ bumpstops, swaybars, shocks, brakelines and rear tracbar bracket. I got some sag up front on my #15 coils when adding 160lbs of bumper and winch. I want to ditch my 2.5 spacers up front and put in 2.5 tf springs along with their 1 inch spacer while just leaving the 2.5inch spacer in the rear. I figure their springs will sag as well which is why I wanna do the 1 iinch spacer up front. Can I do this? Or should I do the rears too?
JK Rocker on here did this, but used 3in TF coils in front, View Profile: JK Rocker - JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board
Old 11-25-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Technically speaking, you can do it. But you'll be much happier following the advice given already. Good luck whichever way you go.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Okay thanks for the advice. Im going to do the new springs up front and back when the time comes around. My 2.5 spacers were a bitch to get in when I installed, will they be a bitch to remove? or just fall out with the springs when flexed.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by loserhead4236
I had the shop put on a BDS 3" spring/shock kit and I have the Warn Elite bumper with Smittybilt winch. They suggested a 3/4" spacer to get rid of any sag. It ends up that my front was about an 1" higher than the back with the spacers in front. I just bought a 3/4" daystar spacer kit and used the rear spacers to level out the Jeep.

With that said if anyone needs a 3/4" front spacer let me know, $20 plus shipping.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mschneid
I had the shop put on a BDS 3" spring/shock kit and I have the Warn Elite bumper with Smittybilt winch. They suggested a 3/4" spacer to get rid of any sag. It ends up that my front was about an 1" higher than the back with the spacers in front.
Exactly my point. Most likely coils will lift the Jeep more in front than in rear. At least that was the case for my RC coil lift. Adding more spacers to front is non sense.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Mschneid

I had the shop put on a BDS 3" spring/shock kit and I have the Warn Elite bumper with Smittybilt winch. They suggested a 3/4" spacer to get rid of any sag. It ends up that my front was about an 1" higher than the back with the spacers in front. I just bought a 3/4" daystar spacer kit and used the rear spacers to level out the Jeep.

With that said if anyone needs a 3/4" front spacer let me know, $20 plus shipping.
Give it some time. It will settle some with that weight up there

Quick Reply: Can I run 2.5 inch coils + 1inch spacer up front and 2.5 inch rear spacers?