Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can I mount a winch to a non-winch Purejeep bumper?

Old 09-23-2009, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I mount a winch to a non-winch Purejeep bumper?

I didn't think I would ever end up with a winch for my jeep, but it looks like I probably will. I have the PureJeep Stubby, but I opted for the non-winch version. Would it be a major undertaking to mount it? Would I have to have it cut out like the winch version? Could I just mount it on top and somehow reenforce the underside? Or should I choke up the money for the winch-compatable bumper? I really like how this one is built, so I would much prefer to use it. Any thoughts on how tough this should be?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could probably buy a universal mounting plate, mount it to the bottome of the frame rails, notch out the bumper, and be good to go.

I have a similar issue with my ORFab stubby...I am debating whether to notch it out and mount the winch to the bottom of the frame rails or maybe figure out how to mount the winch on top of the rails. I have a bit of space, but I need to be sure it is mounted SOLID. I know some guys have rigged stuff up with a TJ winch plate ont he stock plastic bumper. There are alot of options...

And if you decide to pony up and buy a winch mount bumper, it wouldn't hurt to cut the old one up and come up with something, right? and then post pics. Right?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anything is possible, i'd say make it fit on the bumber you got. only difference would be looks.

Quick Reply: Can I mount a winch to a non-winch Purejeep bumper?