Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

can I fix this with a mallet?

Old 11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just gonna bend it back in place and then gusset it I suppose. Hey Evo, why don't you make a gusset for this part integrated in your c-gusset. Just drop me a royalty check every now and then !!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:36 PM
JK Junkie

Heat it, bend it, weld a truss.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

act like you dont know and keep going. lol dont listen to me
Old 11-27-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Just RUN with it!
Old 11-27-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have seen ppl act like that before. got to love them!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Funny...my driver side one is bent the opposite way...I'm just running disconnected until I figure out what I want to do with it...My jeep seems pretty stable on the street without the front so I may just run disconnected permanently.

I wouldn't bend it back though since it will indeed be weaker than before. Gussetting may work if you want to include that with the mallet method, but I wouldn't be happy knowing I have a weak bracket in my suspension system though.

Last edited by User 12721; 11-29-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ColinW
Funny...my driver side one is bent the opposite way...I'm just running disconnected until I figure out what I want to do with it...My jeep seems pretty stable on the street without the front so I may just run disconnected permanently.

I wouldn't bend it back though since it will indeed be weaker than before. Gussetting may work if you want to include that with the mallet method, but I wouldn't be happy knowing I have a weak bracket in my suspension system though.
Whats the worst that could happen? The bracket breaks and you have to drive around disconnected

I still haven't decided what to do. I'm moving to phoenix for 2 months tomorrow. I heard there was a creative dude that owned a shop in that part of the country, maybe I'll get him to fix it.

Quick Reply: can I fix this with a mallet?