Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can I do this????

Old 10-24-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I do this????

Can I add additional 1'' pucks to the front of my 2.5'' BB? Both are Teraflex if it matters. Also, If I can do I put them above or below the 2.5'' pucks already there? Anyone done this, problems, issues, whatever???? Thanks.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:50 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, stick um on the top of the TF puck and your good to go.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This very common to correct the rake.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wondered the same to correct for heavy front bumper and winch. My local shop confirmed with me that this is a solution that is viable. We were discussing this with regard to Teraflex products. Go for it. Let us know how it comes out. I wil be doing the same this spring.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seems like a lot of pucks to have on there. Has anyone had any problems with this set-up? What about adding 3" springs in the front? Will you still need the puck to help level it out, or do the springs make up the difference? How are the springs over time, do they sag more as time goes by?
Old 10-25-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Greetings Earthlings,

I posted the same question a few day ago on my 2" Black Diamond BB. I was told by forum members that yes it can be done. I also talked with Superlift (makers of Black Diamond) while waiting for an answer from the forum. Superlift said that yes it is OK to leave the stock coil isolators in place and install the BB puck below it. The stock isolator is about 7/8" . I have had installed for a few days now with no issues.

Getting the coil back in place proved to be a B*t*h and i enlightened my neighbors with my masterful command of the english language a couple of times, but it can be done. Just watch out for your brake and electrical lines as you stand on the hub...

One of the forum members that replied to my question said the reason the factory isolator should be placed on the top is so that both "Pucks" sit inside the metal cup. Makes perfect sense.

Good luck.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Lanster
Seems like a lot of pucks to have on there. Has anyone had any problems with this set-up? What about adding 3" springs in the front? Will you still need the puck to help level it out, or do the springs make up the difference? How are the springs over time, do they sag more as time goes by?
I was going to add a 1" spacer, but decided to use springs instead. My plan is to upgrade my BB to a fully adjustable 3" lift, so the springs made more sense for me. I used 3"Full Traction springs in the front which initially gave 4" of total lift that has settled about 1/4" over the past few months. My front end has about 150lbs of accessories , maybe more. and yes, I am 100% satisfied that I went this direction. The stock springs were starting to feel spongy and overloaded from the added weight.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bly109- Did you remove the BB pucks and add the 3" springs? How did you end up with 4" lift? Do the 3" ful traction springs make it that high before settling?
Old 10-27-2008, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Lanster
Bly109- Did you remove the BB pucks and add the 3" springs? How did you end up with 4" lift? Do the 3" ful traction springs make it that high before settling?
Yes, just the 3" springs and factory isolators. I got 4" with my set-up, but it depends on how much weight you have up front.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Bly, appreciate the info.

Quick Reply: Can I do this????