Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can I combine leveling kit w/lift???

Old 06-02-2012, 04:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I combine leveling kit w/lift???

I currently have the Teraflex leveling kit on my 4DR JK. 2" front 1" rear spacer. I just bought a Rough Country 2" coil and shock kit. Can I also use the spacers from the Terafdlex kit to give me extra lift? I have also purchased brakeline extenders?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Contact the manufacturer. I asked ranching this same question before looking at their 4" inch long arm.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jkambulance
Contact the manufacturer. I asked ranching this same question before looking at their 4" inch long arm.
Now why would I do that with the vast knowledge on this forum???
Old 06-02-2012, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No reason you could not do that. Just need to find out if your new kit also levels the Jeep. If it does you could just install the 1" spacers and not stack the front.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:35 AM
JK Junkie

You sure can. All you are doing is just adding the spacers/pucks to the RC coils, the only difference is that you're just changing out the stock springs for the lifted springs. However, with the added lift you may now have to address the shifting of your axles and possibly the flighty feeling you may develop. With the added lift you may need an adjustable front track bar to center the front axle and either a rear adjustable track bar or relocation bracket to center your rear axles. Furthermore with that much lift your jeep may start to feel flighty because your castor has changed, you may need front adjustable lower control arms to bring your castor back to stock specs to eliminate that feeling...
Old 06-02-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the Teraflex leveling kit and just went to their 2.5 coil lift kit. I used one of the 1" spacers up front, in addition to the new coil. It worked really well. My jeep sits level still. Both kits were Teraflex products though........you should be able to mix different manufactures' kits without a problem. I believe that a spacer is a spacer.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

I want to make sure it sits level especially now that I have the new winch and bumper.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Be careful that the spacers don't cause your springs to bottom out or over compress before you hit your actual bump stops. That might cause your springs to take a permanent set and sag. I've asked Rough Country about doing this on their 3.5 series 2 that I use and this was their response. Makes sense to me.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks all. I contacted them and welll....the answer I got was they think so, but I may need an alignment. I don't have the $$$ for extra parts to add on to the kit currently. I may just use the 1" spacers to the front if the kit doesn't make it level.

Quick Reply: Can I combine leveling kit w/lift???