Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can I attach a lap belt to these seat fittings?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I attach a lap belt to these seat fittings?

The threaded fittings below are on the bottom rear outboard side of the seats. I don't know what they are there for??

I would like an independent lap belt - and keep the stock belts - that I can keep extra snug on the trail. A bolt on lap belt would probably fit over or under the stock inboard seat belt bolt. I'm hoping these outboard brackets would work for the lap belt?

The fittings are just in front of the seat recliner latch - Left photo is on passenger and driver side on the right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0131.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	353945Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0132.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	353946
Old 08-14-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I finally jammed my flashlight down to where the inside belt is attached. They are the same as the pictures.

Since I want to keep my factory belts and just add a lap belt I'll double up the inside mount and use these for the outside mounts.

Quick Reply: Can I attach a lap belt to these seat fittings?