Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can the auto shifter knob be turned more towards the driver?

Old 01-01-2014, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can the auto shifter knob be turned more towards the driver?

I never understood why they make auto shifters that are not angled towards the driver but instead angled directly towards the front/back. When I reach to shift into gear my palm area just below my thumb hits the shifter button instead of my thumb. Maybe my arms are too short or I have the seat too high or something, but it annoys the hell out of me.

I'd like to know if the shifter knob could be turned slightly clockwise so that I can grip it correctly. I'd rather ask and find out here before I attempt to take it apart.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ik it can be removed, however twisted I'm not for sure. I removed mine and put a B&M T-handle on too and did what you are talking about angled the knob towards me.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

How exactly do you remove it? I've damn near killed myself trying to but it doesn't seem to want to come off...
Old 01-02-2014, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just saw that your said button probably an 07-10 I removed my 11 I'm not sure if the older ones can, have you tried searching on YouTube?
Old 01-02-2014, 04:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dirtymoney
I never understood why they make auto shifters that are not angled towards the driver but instead angled directly towards the front/back. When I reach to shift into gear my palm area just below my thumb hits the shifter button instead of my thumb. Maybe my arms are too short or I have the seat too high or something, but it annoys the hell out of me. I'd like to know if the shifter knob could be turned slightly clockwise so that I can grip it correctly. I'd rather ask and find out here before I attempt to take it apart.
put a torch to the shaft and slowly bend the metal.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It comes off. Drake makes a handle with the button on top. Check quadratecs website. Best of luck.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SBEII
It comes off. Drake makes a handle with the button on top. Check quadratecs website. Best of luck.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-325430651.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	522057

Rotated mine clockwise, drilled a 1/8 hole and used a pop rivet instead of the original screw

Quick Reply: Can the auto shifter knob be turned more towards the driver?