Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

can anyone tell me if its supposed to click like this???

Old 03-26-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone tell me if its supposed to click like this???

i have the rear diff cover off, and im looking at my 5.13 gears with a Detroit locker in there and while inspecting them the look fine except for a clicking or pop i keep hearing when i rotate the wheels. its not random clicking, seems to get in sequence when im turning the wheels! i just need to know if thats normal or im going to have to spend 80bucks to get it inspected!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ineptknight
i have the rear diff cover off, and im looking at my 5.13 gears with a Detroit locker in there and while inspecting them the look fine except for a clicking or pop i keep hearing when i rotate the wheels. its not random clicking, seems to get in sequence when im turning the wheels! i just need to know if thats normal or im going to have to spend 80bucks to get it inspected!
The detroit locker in the rear of my cj7 used to pop and click, usually on slow turns or when backing up. I never really noticed it other than that I plan on putting one in the JK soon
Old 03-26-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Normal, it was worse before the Soft-Locker.

Quick Reply: can anyone tell me if its supposed to click like this???