Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can Aluminum Sahara Steps be added to 4 door Rubicon without removing the Rubi-Rails?

Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Aluminum Sahara Steps be added to 4 door Rubicon without removing the Rubi-Rails?

I have a 4 door 12 Rubicon and there is a cheap set of aluminum sahara steps for sale locally. I need steps, but I don't want to lose the Rubi Rail.

any thoughts. I have heard of welding the steel sahara steps to the rubi rails, but the set I am looking at is aluminum covered in chrome.

thanks in advance,
Jacob
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

You would be better off getting a set of ACE sliders. Or something like LOD.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

It wont work. And the Sahara steps are primarily plastic. I would look at the Ace rails if you need a step and want to keep the factory rock rails
Old 03-19-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for your input, I appreicate your suggestions.

Quick Reply: Can Aluminum Sahara Steps be added to 4 door Rubicon without removing the Rubi-Rails?