Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can 35's fit with 1.75 inch lift and Flat fenders?

Old 03-03-2014, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Csciam1
I have this exact set up. 1.75 daystar and smittybilt flat flares. 315/70/17 BFG all terrain. It works fine. I trimmed the rear pinch seam and added just a tad longer bump stops.
THANKS! the picture helps out a lot!
Old 03-03-2014, 09:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's going to rub (mainly in the rear) without extended bumpstops. I'm running the OME 2" (with 80K miles on the lift), 35's on ProComp wheels, flat fenders, and no bumpstop extensions. The rear rubs a bit at full "stuff". It's not the pinch seam that poses the issue; mine rub on the forward inner lip of the Bushwacker flares. Extensions would fix it.

Hope that helps ya'.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubiconrye

Just as the title says, I'm thinking about upgrading from 33s to 35 inch toyo Mud terrains. I was wondering if I could fit 35's with my 1.75 inch daystar budget boost and flat flares?
Thanks!
I run 35 s with a coil swap and flat fenders. No air dam and trimmed pinch seams . Look in my album you can see my flex and my rub points
Old 03-04-2014, 06:09 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubiconrye
That's perfect, I just need to cut my Rocker rails then I can clear them, cause I have a 2014 rubicon unlimited, and the pinch seams are already cut.
You have to trim more than just the front corners to run 35s without 2-2.5" extended bumpstops.

You have to trim the entire edge along the perimeter of the pinch seams--front, top, and back--to run shorter or no extended bumpstops.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Planman is on the money from experience. 2014 Jkur. Bushwackers. 35x12.50 KM's on AEV Pintler. To keep the rubber off the top forward 90 degrees of pinch and inner fender I had to go Teraflex 2.75" bumps in the rear. And I still rub at max flex. I can do plastic trimming and probably go down to 2.25" of bump. Up front I have JKS 1.25" and never rub. On a ramp that works out to just a few mm of space between rubber and fender.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schantin
It's going to rub (mainly in the rear) without extended bumpstops. I'm running the OME 2" (with 80K miles on the lift), 35's on ProComp wheels, flat fenders, and no bumpstop extensions. The rear rubs a bit at full "stuff". It's not the pinch seam that poses the issue; mine rub on the forward inner lip of the Bushwacker flares. Extensions would fix it.

Hope that helps ya'.
Yeah, I ended up cutting back the Bushwacker's to the factory pinch seam. I only have 5/8 aluminum block for a rear bumpstop now that I did it. (Before I had like an 1" 1/4.)

Where is the details on why we need bump stops, other than mentioned? Been using the search and came across you all
Old 03-19-2014, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

It will prolly fit, if you add wheel spacers or rims with a larger backspace. You may also have to trim the rear pinch seam. I would go ahead and trim it for 35s

Quick Reply: Can 35's fit with 1.75 inch lift and Flat fenders?