Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

camber????

Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camber????

ok, i know what camber is and the effects of Bad or out of camber,i have noticed that the camber on the pass. side front is out and the toe is out on the drivers side . taking her to the shop prob wed. to fix the toe problem. would do myself but i have a in store credit so y not use it. the question is... could the camber be out because im an running a p.o.s drop track bar bracket and the axle is not centered??? it is comming off in the next week or so to replace with a adjustable track bar
Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your camber is out, you have blown ball joints or something is bent, knuckle C, axle housing. You can only correct that by installing new ones or if something is bent, off-set ball joints. Toe is easily adjusted.
See here for toe adj. http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

Best thing to do is after you install an adj trk bar, put it on an alinement machine and see where u at right now

If you know what camber is, you should know a drop bracket for the trackbar has no relation to it.

Last edited by mkjeep; 11-15-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Some people have found their camber on one side to be slightly outside of the limit with no ill effects. Mine included (-0.7°, right side, the limit is -0.62°). Since mine shows no ill effects, I have chosen to ignore it until it gets worse.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Some people have found their camber on one side to be slightly outside of the limit with no ill effects. Mine included (-0.7°, right side, the limit is -0.62°). Since mine shows no ill effects, I have chosen to ignore it until it gets worse.
i guess im just a lil anal about my shit, it isn't much but what i do for a living everything has to be plumb and level, guess i just expect it. it prob is no big deal.if that is the case i know it is within the limits. i know nothing is bent or broken only been wheeling 3 times since i got it 2 1/2 months ago, and in south louisiana it is no Rocks. thanks for the info
Old 11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by RIver Runner
i guess im just a lil anal about my shit, it isn't much but what i do for a living everything has to be plumb and level, guess i just expect it. it prob is no big deal.if that is the case i know it is within the limits. i know nothing is bent or broken only been wheeling 3 times since i got it 2 1/2 months ago, and in south louisiana it is no Rocks. thanks for the info
Yeah, me too (37 years as a military aircraft mechanic).

The reading I got is so close that it could be normal tolerance in alignment machine set-up or operator technique.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

took her to te shop and they fixed the toe problem NO CHARGE, seems that when it was aligned after lift, their machine was off therefore my toe was off also, centered the wheel looked at it from about 30 feet away and all looks to be as it should. dont know what they did but it looks straight, may have been an illusion

Quick Reply: camber????