Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

cam bolts

Old 09-06-2008, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOL i'd believe what you say over just about any other source. But, why does Superlift also recomend the use of both the adjustable arms and the cam bolts for a proper alignment? What problems do people have with the cams?
Old 09-06-2008, 11:18 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
I'm pretty much settled on the subject myself....no cam bolts for me
front lower adjustable control arms will be here in a week so i can finally get that lift on my jeep

thank you everyone for your input
glad to know that i could help

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
WOL i'd believe what you say over just about any other source. But, why does Superlift also recomend the use of both the adjustable arms and the cam bolts for a proper alignment? What problems do people have with the cams?
honestly, i don't know why superlift would recommend cam bolts at all. the problem with cam bolts is that in order to make them work, you need to notch out your lower control arm mount holes and convert them from a square hole into a rectangle slot. now, while this will work and will make caster adjustment easier to do, the tightness of the bolt will be the only thing really holding things in place and from sliding around in the slot. and, from experience, i can tell you that a jeep running big tires and playing hard on the trail WILL cause these bolts to come loose.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

I know a lot of guys have used cam bolts on their TJ's and I hadn't really heard of any issues. My lift came with the bolts, so because of what I just stated, I wasn't too worried about it.

WOL, I have a question for you. I am planning on going an 1" higher on my lift and will be adding all 8 arms to my Jeep. Is there any solution for someone like me, that already has the cam bolts that would be interested in removing them since adjustable arms are going on? Can they be removed and thrown out, or do they have to stay since the Jeep has already been "modified" to use them?
Old 09-06-2008, 01:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by wrnglrguy
I know a lot of guys have used cam bolts on their TJ's and I hadn't really heard of any issues. My lift came with the bolts, so because of what I just stated, I wasn't too worried about it.

WOL, I have a question for you. I am planning on going an 1" higher on my lift and will be adding all 8 arms to my Jeep. Is there any solution for someone like me, that already has the cam bolts that would be interested in removing them since adjustable arms are going on? Can they be removed and thrown out, or do they have to stay since the Jeep has already been "modified" to use them?
you can have some washers welded onto the mounts to fix the holes for pretty cheap. otherwise, you're kind of stuck with what you have.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

you can have some washers welded onto the mounts to fix the holes for pretty cheap. otherwise, you're kind of stuck with what you have.
Might do that then. The washers on there now are an odd shaped oval, kind of tear drop shape. might just have them welded then when I add the arms. Thanks WOL.

Quick Reply: cam bolts