Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Calling all XHD bumper owners, how are they holding up???

Old 03-02-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all XHD bumper owners, how are they holding up???

It's been a few years now since Rugged Ridge introduced the XHD modular bumper. So that means people have had the time to test them out in the rigors of off-roading and running through all types of weather.

How well have your bumpers held up since you purchased them? I know a few people had issues with the powder coat flaking off.

How has the bumper fared against hits off of rocks and other earthly objects?

How well are the end plates, stinger, winch hoops, end caps etc faring?

What is your over all opinion on the bumper now that you've had it for a while?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:50 PM
JK Newbie

One of the lips on mine up at the top corner has alil rust on it now like I bumped it with the winch putting it in but it just showed up recently. Mine is 3 years old now and just that little spot is messed up, so much better than my body armor rear bumper and sliders.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Had mine (front and rear) for 2+ years. Hit a toyota corolla with the front bumper, and just scratched the bumper, hoop, and an end, but no damage to my jeep. The cop commented after the wreck that the car was totaled out and I was out a can of Krylon.

Rear bumper has bounced off of rocks and got a little bent, but still very solid for the money.

Finish isn't great, but I don't know if anything else would have held up any better. (my shrockworks sliders look like they have been through the wringer too) I'll probably mask and rattle can the whole thing this spring, but no complaints here.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

2+ years and has held up well. I think I got my moneys worth.

Quick Reply: Calling all XHD bumper owners, how are they holding up???