Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

calling all 2 DR JK owners with the RK 2.5 MAX TRAVEL SYSTEM

Old 11-24-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Question for the guys already with the a kit, how are the joints holding up? Do they squeak? Do they transfer any more vibrations then stock (IE AEV's argument for using the stock rubber bushings on both ends)?

On the question is anything else needed? I believe the RK kits don't come with bumpstops. One other thing, deep pockets, once you start modding, you don't stop
Old 11-24-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the RK 2.5" springs and running JKS front lower control arms and front and rear track bars. I have the JKS rear lower and upper control arms waiting to be put on. Also running Bilstein 5100 shocks and 33" Duratracs.

I've had this set-up for about five months now. It rides great around town. I do feel a very slight vibration at around 48-49mph. Below and above and it feels perfectly fine. Since I am using JKS parts with the rubber bushings, they do absorb bumps and vibrations better then any johnny joint or polyurethane bushing would.

I haven't thoroughly checked my driveshafts yet, but I will when the rear control arms go on.

Quick Reply: calling all 2 DR JK owners with the RK 2.5 MAX TRAVEL SYSTEM