Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Call out to Tuffy

Old 06-06-2013, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call out to Tuffy

I have an issue that I have been fighting for the last 2 weeks. I am batting 2 for 4 with Tuffy products. I have the rear trunk lid, and the full trunk on my 2011 JK Wrangler 2 door and they work GREAT! But, the other (2) items are not doing so well. I ordered and received the overhead console from my buddies at Northridge.com, only to find that the rear of the housing does not have any holes to receive the coax nor the power cord! Brian, with Nort ridge, has called numerous times to get a return number for it....never got it. Y'all rep said he would be getting in touch with me via phone call....never got it. Now I came offshore yesterday, 6/5/13, for 14 days and had almost 2 weeks of trying to get something done about this and have not gotten any help from y'all. There is no "CB MOUNT" in the box to make install easy as y'all say on the parts info. 2nd issue is with the center console....It don't wanna lock...what is up with that? Brian has been working his ass off tryin' to get Tuffy to take care and make good of these issues. HATS OFF TO NORTH RIDGE 4X4!!!!! They will keep my buisness for sure, don't know about Tuffy now.....but don't tell nobody! I am sure (1) customer loss will not hurt them! I have a soft top and park at a heliport for 14 to 21 days at a time, and would like some sense of security and purshased what I thought was the best on the market for security....guess I was wrong. So for the next 2 weeks, the console will sit at my house until I get home, and the rate its going, it will prolly still be there when my 2 weeks off are finished and come back offshore!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Call Tuffy in Cortez CO. Talk to Reagan and see if he can helo/ecplain. I've used thrm a lot and visited them. They're very concerned about customer service.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by shipjim1
Call Tuffy in Cortez CO. Talk to Reagan and see if he can helo/ecplain. I've used thrm a lot and visited them. They're very concerned about customer service.
He is the guy who contacted me Wednesday. He is taking over the issues.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had one of these for a year or so...

The overhead console doesnt have holes in the back for power or cable routing...you run them out the side and then down the top panel towards your sound bar inside of wire loom that is hidden in the track of the top panel. This is what allows the console to slide back and forth to access the hard/soft top latches.

I installed my CB with the mount that came with the CB. Just used a couple of small bolts through the grill on the bottom of the console to secure the CB mount.

There are so many combinations of CB / stereos. This is not a plug and play solution, you will have to do some fitting or experimenting to make it work for your equipment.

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/images/...st/142INST.pdf
Old 06-07-2013, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
I have an issue that I have been fighting for the last 2 weeks. I am batting 2 for 4 with Tuffy products. I have the rear trunk lid, and the full trunk on my 2011 JK Wrangler 2 door and they work GREAT! But, the other (2) items are not doing so well. I ordered and received the overhead console from my buddies at Northridge.com, only to find that the rear of the housing does not have any holes to receive the coax nor the power cord! Brian, with Nort ridge, has called numerous times to get a return number for it....never got it. Y'all rep said he would be getting in touch with me via phone call....never got it. Now I came offshore yesterday, 6/5/13, for 14 days and had almost 2 weeks of trying to get something done about this and have not gotten any help from y'all. There is no "CB MOUNT" in the box to make install easy as y'all say on the parts info. 2nd issue is with the center console....It don't wanna lock...what is up with that? Brian has been working his ass off tryin' to get Tuffy to take care and make good of these issues. HATS OFF TO NORTH RIDGE 4X4!!!!! They will keep my buisness for sure, don't know about Tuffy now.....but don't tell nobody! I am sure (1) customer loss will not hurt them! I have a soft top and park at a heliport for 14 to 21 days at a time, and would like some sense of security and purshased what I thought was the best on the market for security....guess I was wrong. So for the next 2 weeks, the console will sit at my house until I get home, and the rate its going, it will prolly still be there when my 2 weeks off are finished and come back offshore!
You need to look at the directions. There is a specific routing and assembly process that you have to follow to make it all work. Your CB should have come with a bracket.

I actually had to take a hole saw and put two holes in the back of mine so I would have room to route the wiring without smashing it against the box. This was because my CB (A Cobra29) is actually too big for the housing and the wires would be jammed against the back if I were to mount it without the additional holes. It worked out well because its a major pain in the ass (you basically have to take the whole thing back apart) to tune your CB without access to the antenna jack and this made it so that there is access.

Anyways Its a product I dont recommend. It is pretty secure but it rattles and is a head knocker.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
You need to look at the directions. There is a specific routing and assembly process that you have to follow to make it all work. Your CB should have come with a bracket.

I actually had to take a hole saw and put two holes in the back of mine so I would have room to route the wiring without smashing it against the box. This was because my CB (A Cobra29) is actually too big for the housing and the wires would be jammed against the back if I were to mount it without the additional holes. It worked out well because its a major pain in the ass (you basically have to take the whole thing back apart) to tune your CB without access to the antenna jack and this made it so that there is access.

Anyways Its a product I dont recommend. It is pretty secure but it rattles and is a head knocker.
Duh!...As you did, I read the directions and realized the same thing you did Bro! If your Cobra 29 is too big, my Galaxy 94 is damn sure too big. All I know as with any CB, it would be easier to have openings in the rear for coax, power cords because you will still be able to slide it front to back with as much power cord comes with the CB. I ain't plannin' on jammin' my wires either. I think I can get it to work and even think I can stop the rattle...just gonna take some good coonass fixin's.

Quick Reply: Call out to Tuffy