Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

California tops

Old 06-30-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so any word on this top did anyone buy one
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought OffRoad Heroes was California Tops?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ yep it looks just like the Offroad Heroes top....I like it... but sorry...if customer service is bad...and they don't do well with warranty, no dice.. especially if the back is velcroed on to the rear swing door (seeing as how you have to open and close often and velcro wears down)
Old 06-30-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Newtybar
^ yep it looks just like the Offroad Heroes top....I like it... but sorry...if customer service is bad...and they don't do well with warranty, no dice.. especially if the back is velcroed on to the rear swing door (seeing as how you have to open and close often and velcro wears down)
I will not put my money in risk for such thing

If they don't warranty their products, than there will be no business.
If they have a bad reputation we can all force them to change the way they work by not buying from them for a while.

Thanks Eddie for the black list it really helps when shopping
Old 06-30-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by K 92
I will not put my money in risk for such thing

If they don't warranty their products, than there will be no business.
If they have a bad reputation we can all force them to change the way they work by not buying from them for a while.

Thanks Eddie for the black list it really helps when shopping
I remember a huge thread on these guys over on a differnet Jeep forum, very unprofessional. I also live in the same city where he's based, service here wasn't any better. I tried getting their hardtop liner for my YJ, and I gave up trying. No customer service at all.

Having said that, I know a few who have their products, and they've been happy. Once they finally got them, that is.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Jedi Master

WARNING: BUYER BEWARE
The manufacturer of this product is believed to be a Canadian based company called Californiatops. This conclusion was determined by doing research online and by what the author of this post eventually stated in his post here.

Californiatops is a company that has a long history of questionable business practices and they have been banned from eBay and PayPal. This has been documented by the Ripoff Report and can be verified by doing a simple Google search or a search on forums such as JeepsUnlimited.com and RubiconOwners.com. More recently, a member here had purchased a thermal liner from this company while they were still going under the name coloradojeepman and his experience with them can be found here.

I have personally tried contacting this company to acquire a phone number and/or physical address for their stated location in Florida just in case the information I had about them was erroneous and my inquiries were met with hostility and my questions went unanswered. Needless to say, it is our opinion that this company has questionable business practices and would advise against purchasing any of their products.

Quick Reply: California tops