Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

California tops

Old 01-27-2007, 04:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California tops

Anyone know if they are in the works with something for the JKs? I loved their tops on my old jeeps, but haven't seen anything to make me think that they are going to bring out a top for the JK.

californiatops.com

Last edited by doojer; 06-30-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: edited non-sponsor link
Old 01-27-2007, 07:46 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Californiatops?! Are you actually saying that you had a positive experience in dealing with them? If so, you would be one of the few if not only.

Based on the reputation they developed with having horrible customer service over the years, I don't know if I would touch any of their products regardless of what it is. But then, that's just me.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Californiatops?! Are you actually saying that you had a positive experience in dealing with them? If so, you would be one of the few if not only.

Based on the reputation they developed with having horrible customer service over the years, I don't know if I would touch any of their products regardless of what it is. But then, that's just me.
My two experiences with them were nothing but good. I understand a lot of people had problems with customer service. Maybe I was just lucky in not having any problems with the product. However, I did have to wait a while to get the second top. I attributed that to the time period in which I bought it. To me that is no different than the Jeep I am waiting for. If I had the patience to wait another year they would be very available, I don't so know I have to wait a little longer than I would at that period of time. Most of the problems I heard of were based on delivery times.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Their roof liner looks like it could be a good idea to mask the whiteness of the hard top while adding some insulating value.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

I gotta be honest guys, I loved the tops. I hate dealing with the stupid Jeep frame.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody use a viking top? They said by spring they would have ones for the jk's. They dont use the bows, and the top is the storage for the windows too. I was about to order one for the tj, but traded in for the jk instead.
Steve C
Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

I have never had any experience with the viking tops. However, they look similar to the Cali tops style, just without all the different combinations of the multi-top. I would be interested to see the quality of the materials.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Hi Folks,

Well I bought a California Top TJ Super Sport Top for my son's TJ and had a great experience with them. I got it in 2 weeks just as promised and the quality was great (just as described). Unfortunately my son wrecked his TJ 2 months later (now he has a JK) so if anyone wants a Super Sport Top for a TJ (black diamone with tinted windows) thats in really good shape and doesn't want to have to deal with Tim at Cali Tops, just send me a PM and we'll work out a really cheap price on it (sorry for adding that for sale thing at the end).

Thanks,
Paul
Old 01-28-2007, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

I will be the guinea pig this time, I think I am going to order one next week.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nader
Their roof liner looks like it could be a good idea to mask the whiteness of the hard top while adding some insulating value.
I agree Nader. I hope they partition it off for the sunroof
panels and I'll go for one.

I'm in Florida and seems that this will hold the AC in as well.

I draped a thick sleeping bag over my YJ roll bars when my daughter was 1 and we roadtripped to Illinois.

Thanks for the link guys, another toy to add to my wishlist.

Quick Reply: California tops