Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

CAI vs. Ram Air Snorkel

Old 04-26-2010, 04:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI vs. Ram Air Snorkel

So this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...am+air+snorkel

does not really answer my question and I am sure someone else can...Why (or what is the difference) does the ram air snorkel style from AEV not function in a similar to a CAI (say Air Riad and the like)? It draws in larger amounts of air than the stock box opening right? It also should be colder air since it is not coming from the engine compartment? I am thinking that I really want a snorkel for the times that I come across high water on the trails...sort of insurance policy. However, I figured that a CAI could make the DD aspect a little nicer...especially when added with other mods down the line...

I guess what I am asking is why is there no (seeming) performance benefit to a snorkel vs. CAI?

Thanks...
Old 04-26-2010, 04:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CAI vs. Ram Air Snorkel

The intake grates on AEV's ram air is "dirty".. They have a post about it somewhere
Old 04-26-2010, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked, but could not find anything? I saw something about not using a K&N filter when wheeling...

Like the old U2 tune, I still have not found what I'm looking for...

Quick Reply: CAI vs. Ram Air Snorkel