Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

CAI or Snorkel??

Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

incase you are not conviced, SNORKEL! definitely a necessity on the east coast

Old 08-03-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Who out there is running the Volant snorkel/cai combo? I wish someone else did this = / COUGH RUGGED RIDGE COUGH COUGH
Old 08-04-2010, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arcticanalog
Who out there is running the Volant snorkel/cai combo? I wish someone else did this = / COUGH RUGGED RIDGE COUGH COUGH
I am. And have had no problems with water up to my hood, splashing the windshield! Some people just don't like the look of the "slug in the hood". Next will be the Volant Catback, but need $$$$.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P5221071..jpg
Views:	198
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	80063
Old 08-04-2010, 05:31 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Arcticanalog
COUGH ... COUGH ..... Working on it..... COUGH...
Old 08-04-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

CAI....don't you mean HAI (Hot Air Injection) or HASI (Hot Air and Silica Injection).
Old 08-06-2010, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge
COUGH ... COUGH ..... Working on it..... COUGH...
I have faith in you.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, all the parts are in place.. Superchips has been running for the past 1.5 months (87 octane tune), got the AEV snorkel for Christmas (not installed yet), and just ordered my aFe Pro-Dry filter.. Everything should be up and running within the next couple of weeks.. I'll keep everyone up to date in regards to the outcome.. Didn't go with the River Raider because it was too much $$ and the whole dual battery dilemma down the road.. Thanks for all the great advice guys!!
Old 01-22-2011, 02:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Anyone with a snorkel have any real world experience with running both ram-heads and pre-filters (obviously not at the same time) on the same rig & set-up?

I've heard it said the ram head will slightly improve power & mileage while the pre-filter head will do the opposite and slightly decrease power & mileage, but never had it confirmed from anyone who's run both heads at different times on the same rig for direct comparison.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't know if you can go back and forth with the heads like that.. As per the AEV instructions, you need to cut the top of the snorkel if you plan on running the pre filter.. I was thinking about ordering the pre filter along with the ram air to see what works better for me.. Went with just the ram air though, because once you cut it, there is no going back.. Heard the same pros about the ram air head too.. I'll post my results as soon as it's up and running.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

OK!! Superchips installed!! aFe Pro Dry S filter installed!! AEV snorkel w/ ram air intake installed!! I took a bunch of pics from the snorkel install and will do a write-up later tonight or tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	aev_install13.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	122546  

Quick Reply: CAI or Snorkel??