Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

CAI? which one

Old 12-06-2007, 10:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI? which one

Could someone please recommend a CAI? and should i go with the throttle body spacer at the same time?
Thanks,
Jared
Old 12-06-2007, 11:04 PM
JK Super Freak

+1 for the Airaid! Love the sound, and the seat of the pants Dyno! They were running a soecial with a free spacer, thought it was through the end of the year. Ask Northridge!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:41 AM
JK Jedi

Do a search on it and you'll get hundreds of posts to review. I'm about to take the plunge as well and found pretty much everything I needed after reading all of the old threads.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:58 AM
JK Junkie

I have the airraid and love it,didn't get the spacer. I did this at the same time i put my magnaflow exhaust on and they work nicely together and sound great.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:34 AM
JK Newbie

I have the AIRAID and I absolutely love it. Nice throaty sound and much better throttle response. Between 60-70-80 on the highway I can actually feel the extra power, but not so much at low speeds.

Don't use a throttle body spacer. Since the JK is multi-port injected and not throttle body injected you just don't need it. You don't need better atomization in a multi-port injected engine, and by the time the air gets to the cylinder all the vortex is out of it...so all a throttle body spacer is doing is slowing down the air charging into your engine...does that sound like something you want?
Old 12-07-2007, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

I second the "Don't get a TBS".

Even if its free, do NOT use it. Its a convenient nitrous injection port site, but that's about it.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I vote for the AEM, had one one my TJ and it rocked, nice power and torque across the powerband and better mileage to boot . The dry-flo filter kicks butt, no more sitting in my driveway for hours trying to clean-dry-reoil-oops-underoil-oops-overoil-crap what a mess. No more of that for me, got one coming in for my JK.

No matter intake you go with, I would seriously consider the AEM dry-flo filter to replace the filter it comes with.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

+ one more for the Airaid... no experience with the spacer, but I think I'd be inclined to pass on that.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I'll stray from the pack on this one. I am really happy with my Volant CAI. Really a well built piece and worth the price in my opinion.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

If the AEM Brute Force does as well on the JK as it did on my last vehicle(4dr 2500HD Silverado w/6" lft & 35's), I'm going to put it in. Combined with an aftermaket exhaust my Silverado was able to keep up with most rice burners in the occational impromptu drag race half way to the next light. They'd get off the line faster but couldn't leave me in the dust, so to speak. Got a few and of approval at the next light sometimes.
I don't "mall crawl" any more so when I get it, it will be for (possible) engine response when I "rock krawl"
I'm not sure though about the effectiveness of these mass airflow intakes in the "light on the throttle" wheeling that I do.

Quick Reply: CAI? which one