Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Topless Cover
Bestop Trail Cover
58.21%
Covercraft Quick Cover
5.97%
Mopar Cab Cover
14.93%
Pavement Ends Emergency Top
2.99%
Smittybilt Cav Cover
5.97%
pull the plugs and let it rain!!!
11.94%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Cab cover decision. need input!

Old 07-01-2008, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rooster5333
I have the smittybilt. Its cheaper than Bestop and I have had no issues with it. I really like it.

Is it attached in the back???
Old 07-01-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt P
Is it attached in the back???
No its not attached in the back and it barely isnt covering the front doors because I didnt have it pulled over all the way.

I only had it on there for a pic. I didnt want to do all the staps just to show what it looked like. It seals right up when installed like it should be.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rooster5333
No its not attached in the back and it barely isnt covering the front doors because I didnt have it pulled over all the way.

I only had it on there for a pic. I didnt want to do all the staps just to show what it looked like. It seals right up when installed like it should be.
Thanks Rooster!
I find it fun to contemplate the decision....
Old 07-01-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

i bought a cheap 10 dollar tarp from target....had it for my motorcycle before i bought real motorcycle cover....now i use it for jeep....plastic tarp, cheap as hell, came with bungies....have used it a couple times and has worked every time....good for top off, covers majority of doors, looks cheap, is cheap but works.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cormac827
i bought a cheap 10 dollar tarp from target....had it for my motorcycle before i bought real motorcycle cover....now i use it for jeep....plastic tarp, cheap as hell, came with bungies....have used it a couple times and has worked every time....good for top off, covers majority of doors, looks cheap, is cheap but works.
Admirable, but I'm trying to help the economy...
Old 09-28-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

For the bargain hunters, head to Menards.
They had the diamond fabric covers for "mid-size SUVs" on sale for $28.

Bumper to bumper, all the way down to below the door sills, covered the spare, antenna, and mirrors.
I was thinking about making my own, but $30 is crazy cheap for something to protect against surprise showers and overnight dew.

I might modify it down the road to cover just the cab, but it certainly does what I need it to.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BaltChief
It is excellent for doors on or off and roof off. The wife has the Bestop and I have the covercraft. If I was to do it again I would still spend the extra bucks for the covercraft. I think it is put together better and the material is much easier to work with, it stays soft and supple where the Bestop is a little stiffer and harder to fold up and put back in the bag. As for functionality, both Bestop and Covercraft do a great job of keeping water and wind out, thjey both have been through some nasty storms the past few weeks with no ill effects.
Hey BaltChief - Do you have the Weathersheild or NOAH?

Quick Reply: Cab cover decision. need input!