Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Topless Cover
Bestop Trail Cover
58.21%
Covercraft Quick Cover
5.97%
Mopar Cab Cover
14.93%
Pavement Ends Emergency Top
2.99%
Smittybilt Cav Cover
5.97%
pull the plugs and let it rain!!!
11.94%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Cab cover decision. need input!

Old 06-30-2008, 03:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
Sop does a bed sheet.

Why do you need a cover with the doors and top on?
If you leave your windows out, which I do, the MOPAR cover is great. Takes all of 2 minutes to get it off in the morning and I am off to work....2 more minutes and its back on.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaltChief
If you leave your windows out, which I do, the MOPAR cover is great. Takes all of 2 minutes to get it off in the morning and I am off to work....2 more minutes and its back on.
BaltChief,
Do you have an opinion on the covercraft? I thought you had that one...??...

Is it worth the extra $50-60 ???
Old 06-30-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Sgt P
BaltChief,
Do you have an opinion on the covercraft? I thought you had that one...??...

Is it worth the extra $50-60 ???
It is excellent for doors on or off and roof off. The wife has the Bestop and I have the covercraft. If I was to do it again I would still spend the extra bucks for the covercraft. I think it is put together better and the material is much easier to work with, it stays soft and supple where the Bestop is a little stiffer and harder to fold up and put back in the bag. As for functionality, both Bestop and Covercraft do a great job of keeping water and wind out, thjey both have been through some nasty storms the past few weeks with no ill effects.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BaltChief
It is excellent for doors on or off and roof off. The wife has the Bestop and I have the covercraft. If I was to do it again I would still spend the extra bucks for the covercraft. I think it is put together better and the material is much easier to work with, it stays soft and supple where the Bestop is a little stiffer and harder to fold up and put back in the bag. As for functionality, both Bestop and Covercraft do a great job of keeping water and wind out, thjey both have been through some nasty storms the past few weeks with no ill effects.
Some suggestions for the Bestop is to add length to the straps, and I was thinking of having a seamstress add slits for the mirrors, but at that point, I'll have more than the price of the Covercraft...

Thanks for the input. Now I need to continue to overthink this!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 08:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I just ordered the Smitty last night, so I can't vote yet. However, from what I have read the bestop was a little on the tight side for unlimiteds, and 4wd had 10% off so I got the smitty for $90.

I'll update when it comes in...
Old 07-01-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Keep me posted MOWrangler.

My thought on the tightness, might be good think to keep water from puddling in a rain storm...
Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Fallen Hero

I got the cover cover craft full cover. I dont like waling up in the morning and my used to be black JK ocvered in Yellow pollen. The only proble eith the fit is I have windshoeld mounted lights and makes the fit kinda akward. Howver it does the job rather nicely.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default covers

I have the bestop and at first it would not cover the rear section , but with rain and time it stretches , also if it rains real bad the cover fills up over the main section , but no leaks and i have killed my first set of wiper blades....which kind of pisses me off....bestop is good in my book
Old 07-01-2008, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the smittybilt. Its cheaper than Bestop and I have had no issues with it. I really like it.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the best top on right now with the mirrors folded in this is the first time ive had it on it took me all of about 2 mins to put it on it fits awsome and dosent look bad at all on there with the fit i would fee lcomfortable puting it on through a tornado love it

Quick Reply: Cab cover decision. need input!