Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which cab cover to buy?

Old 05-28-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife got me the Mopar cab cover for our anniversary. I'm more than happy with it. Easy to store, easy to put on and take off. It was on last night and out in the rain. It may say "resilient" but not a bit of water went through it.

It doesn't cover the doors if they are off, oh well, it's better than nothing in an emergency.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Bestop cover and it fits well, very sturdy and protects from rain but is quite bulky when trying to fold and stow. I got the wife a rugged ridge one and it is very lite so she can put it on easily and it stows well but does not cover the lower opening when the doors are off. Both have their pro's and con's.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Bestop trail cover it is a little bulky - I have no problem leaving it behind the back seat so it doesn't bother me. The material is thick and I am happy that there is soft backing (even though little to none actually touches any paint). Up in CT we had a pretty good day of rain - a bunch of water accumulated over the front driver seats - I guess you really have to tighten the straps down - but there was NO water on the seats/dash. Couple drops came in through the open holes for the locks, but considering the amount of rain we got - I was pleasantly suprised. However, it does looks as if the corner seams above the windshield will let a little water soak through - however, as this is a high point and on the edge - I'm not concerned.

Installation is a piece of cake and takes my girlfriend and myself about 2-3 minutes to install. Folding and wedging into the duffle bag takes a nother 5 minutes. Ulimately - well worth the money (to me) to have my doors/top off and not have to worry about the rain.

Also have the Bestop bikini and so far I've had no problems - but I honestly feel that I won't be using it that much - enjoy the open air (atleast until it gets really hot out!)
Old 05-28-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs down bestop

I just purchased the bestop trailcover , for the 4 door and i am not happy it seems that it does not fit over the softtop when it is down . It looks like you cant have any of the softtop hardware on at all .....bla
Old 05-28-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default its me ???

Okay i will try again .it is a nice cover .
Old 07-11-2008, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

can any of these covers be used when the top is in the sunrider position?
Old 07-11-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Mopar cover. It is super easy to put on, and is extremely light. the only problem is that, when the top is off, the cover sags in the back and water can pool in it. This is the case with my 2 door and my brothers 4 door. I keep my backseat in the garage, so i don't have the seat to help prop the back of the cover up so water can drain, not sure if that would make a huge difference.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the best top and love it only had it on twice it fits very snug but that is what i want in a cover. It is kinda a pain to get it back in the bag but this morning when i took it off i laid it in the drive and folded it up nice and neat and it fit in there effortlessly I'm very very pleased overall with this best top product so far and would buy it again over any others the mopar cover also looks nice but it diddnt have the door coverage i was looking for. I WILL SLEEP comfortably when i big storm blows in and all that is protecting my jeep is the best top cover no worries. also mine fits fine with the soft top down
Old 07-12-2008, 02:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tlow
can any of these covers be used when the top is in the sunrider position?
I'm not sure about the mopar cover, but the bestop cover can't. The soft top needs to be all the way down for it to work, as it fits quite snug to the rear roll bars (and there's not much room for the soft top bars)...

Besides... if it's only the sunrider, why not just fold it up??? It'll probably be quicker than dealing with a cover
Old 07-12-2008, 04:08 AM
JK Newbie

I have had the mopar cover for about a year. It is one of the best things that I have bought for my JK. In Boston we have had a ton of thunderstorms, very heavy rains and of course many feet of snow. It has done it's job without fail. It goes on in about 2mins. We have had some crazy wind storms and it hasn't moved an inch. With that being said it dosen't work well if you are running with no top. It needs support so I put up my top (without windows) at night and throw the cover over it. I have had to use it without the top at all and it works, but it fills up with water in the middle. I hope this helps.
Keep on having fun!!!!

Quick Reply: which cab cover to buy?