Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which cab cover to buy?

Old 03-25-2007, 10:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which cab cover to buy?

should i go with the mopar or the bestop trail cover? i basically just want it to throw over my jeep while it is parked in the lot behind my condo. its a secure lot in a gated community with multiple security guards so i will likely be leaving the top down overnight a lot this summer so i am not constantly putting it up and down. what i want is something to protect my interior from dew and the morning sun and be very easy and quick to put on and take off. the mopar seems pretty straightforward and easy to install, but the bestop seems a lot more durable and probably nicer. i have not seen either in person so any suggestions or personal experiences with these products would be great.

mopar:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1905066&rd=1,1

bestop:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/11186_0109_07.htm
Old 03-25-2007, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

The best top one looks to provide more protection and the gray color it comes in may keep the inside cooler than the black mopar one. The mopar one is more aesthetically pleasing... probably because it's black. In this case function over form wins IMO.

-Living Still
Old 03-25-2007, 11:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've always been very happy with my bestop products.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If jeepcovers.com is coming out with one soon I would wait for theirs. It is the best cover I have ever had. Completely waterproof, heavy duty and looks great. I think I paid right around $100 for the one I kept on my TJ. Used it all summer long as I kept the top down even when it rained.....
Old 03-26-2007, 05:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Mopar cover has been working out great for me. It will not cover the door openings when the doors are off like the Bestop cover. But the thing I do like about it is that it is super easy to take on and off (literally seconds) and it's thin and easy to stow. There are pics in my gallery here.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I purchased the BestTop trail cover and I really like it. Fairly heavy duty material and covers the doors and windshield. This is especially nice now that I have the doors off.

It fits very tightly, has eyelets to run a cable and lock through it, and goes on and off in a about 5 minutes or less.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeephrog
I purchased the BestTop trail cover and I really like it. Fairly heavy duty material and covers the doors and windshield. This is especially nice now that I have the doors off.

It fits very tightly, has eyelets to run a cable and lock through it, and goes on and off in a about 5 minutes or less.
how exactly does it attach? i like how the mopar one just loops over the mirrors and taillights, but i think it will be too thin to protect against even the lightest of rain showers. think the bestop cover would be ok in a light rain?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

The BestTop uses plastic rails that fit in the edge channels in the back just like the softtop works. Up front and at the tailgate it uses hooks and adjustable straps to attach to the body below the doors. I just fold the mirrors back (when I had the doors on) and the cover fits snugly over the windshield.

It will definitely keep the rain out with the doors on. I have not put it on yet witht the doors off, but it looks liek it would do just fine. It has a tough, water resistant outer-shell and a nice soft cotton-like lining just like you would expect from very expensive car covers. Plus it comes with nice storage bag.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Milkman
If jeepcovers.com is coming out with one soon I would wait for theirs. It is the best cover I have ever had. Completely waterproof, heavy duty and looks great. I think I paid right around $100 for the one I kept on my TJ. Used it all summer long as I kept the top down even when it rained.....
I had a jeepcovers cab cover on my tj and it leaked like a dog on a tree at the seams and it held water on the top like my old yj's soft top
Old 03-26-2007, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

I ordered the Bestop trail cover for my unlimited today. I will let you know how it works out.

Quick Reply: which cab cover to buy?