Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which c-gussets & sleeves to go with??

Old 06-05-2011, 08:14 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GutlessPhred
I have the upper and lower C's and sleeves from tf.
Hmm. Didn't know the lowers were out yet,

http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-lower-knu...usset-kit.html

Wonder why they're not in this bundle,

http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-axle-slee...usset-kit.html
Old 06-05-2011, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cfr

Wonder why they're not in this bundle,
i don't know why they aren't either. Gus sold them to me from ORW and i got a great deal on them and then had TF install them.

Here's a pic with the upper and lower installed.

Last edited by GutlessPhred; 06-05-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:54 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by smellytuna
Ok so what are recommend me. I know you have a lot of knowledge on that.
do i just just gusset for the moment and do the sleeves and i regear later. Or i can just gusset D30 and regear later without putting sleeves. Plan to ride 35, maybe 37 in the future. Don't plan to do hardcore rockcrawling...
Gusset now. Not really related, but consider doing the LCA skids at the same time. Then, when the axle is apart for regear, consider sleeves (I recommend--there have been failures without--and probably even with because it is a D30). You might also consider replacing the axles at the same time as regear. That will be the most efficient spending of your hard-earned money (or time if you do all the work yourself).
Old 06-06-2011, 04:20 AM
JK Junkie

LCA skids are a good idea. They're cheap and easy. Upper C's are really the ones to worry about. Here are mine from Taboo Customs:

I haven't done sleeves, and don't intend to. I have 315's, wheel a half-dozen times a year, and I'm pretty easy on stuff.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Former Member

Purejeep backbone and gusset combo!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

The only place I found the Purejeep backbone and gusset combo is on their facebook page. Never saw that before. Looks a little weird, but i imagine it's tough. Don't want to go this way. I will just gusset upper/lower with or TF or EVO. I will be a bit more securemind to ride Toyo MT 315/75R16. Then if need to get back power lost, will see if I regear 4.88 and sleeve or if I want to invest into a PR44 with 4.88 and a locker to ride 37... bot not before 2 or 3 years.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO
Great info guys.. I am on the fence as well on which type to get for my D30
Same here but I'm ahead of the game. I went with evo gussets. On the way to my door.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the fence as well on which C-gussets to get for my D30...
Old 06-06-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Sadly with zero welding experience/equipment I will be relying on someone else to complete this mod.

How many hours should it take to complete the gussets and then the sleeves as well. I have recieved quotes from 4 hours to 8 hours total for both; but not sure what is the average amount of time to weld them in right.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by pwain
Sadly with zero welding experience/equipment I will be relying on someone else to complete this mod.

How many hours should it take to complete the gussets and then the sleeves as well. I have recieved quotes from 4 hours to 8 hours total for both; but not sure what is the average amount of time to weld them in right.
This summer Im going to be burning some of these on my d30. For those out there willing to do the work to save the cash I'll be sure and post pics as well as tips and some info.
Having access to the welder is probably the largest variable, guess Im just lucky to not have that issue. It will pretty much be just the cost of the gussets and my time breaking off nuts and bolts. That's about fair in my eyes. Can't see paying hundreds of dollars for this mod by any means.

Quick Reply: which c-gussets & sleeves to go with??