Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which c-gussets & sleeves to go with??

Old 06-05-2011, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which c-gussets & sleeves to go with??

I was thinking going with EVO mfg c2-gussests to beef my D30. Still not sure if I need to sleeves it. If it's easier to install the sleeves at the same time than welding c-gusset, so I will do it. I found Teraflex gussets and sleeves are the half of the price of the EVO one. Are they equally strong? Did somebody knows other brand than TF & EVO I should consider?
Old 06-05-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know about the teraflex but me and 3 buddy's of mine have EVO on our Dana 30 and they work great no problems and there known to be much stronger than the other brands. I would go with them but that's my opinion.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default c gussets

im usein tf gussets they are very heavy duty
Old 06-05-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

If it's easier to install the sleeves at the same time than welding c-gusset,
For inner sleeves, the entire axle needs to be disassembled, they drill a bunch of holes in it, clean it out, slide the sleeves in, and weld up all the holes.

Gussets can be welded on without removing anything. Though if they don't take their time and keep it cool, they'll fry your balljoints.

The R-SE Bombshell kit is another option to look at, in addition to the TF and ORE.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Buckeye1982
I don't know about the teraflex but me and 3 buddy's of mine have EVO on our Dana 30 and they work great no problems and there known to be much stronger than the other brands. I would go with them but that's my opinion.
You and your buddies only have gussets? Or sleeves as well? And your runnin 35 or 37?
Old 06-05-2011, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
For inner sleeves, the entire axle needs to be disassembled, they drill a bunch of holes in it, clean it out, slide the sleeves in, and weld up all the holes.

Gussets can be welded on without removing anything. Though if they don't take their time and keep it cool, they'll fry your balljoints.

The R-SE Bombshell kit is another option to look at, in addition to the TF and ORE.
Ok so what are recommend me. I know you have a lot of knowledge on that.
do i just just gusset for the moment and do the sleeves and i regear later. Or i can just gusset D30 and regear later without putting sleeves. Plan to ride 35, maybe 37 in the future. Don't plan to do hardcore rockcrawling...
Old 06-05-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

I have the upper and lower C's and sleeves from tf. They're great. I don't think it will really matter what company you go with, I think they're all good. It's a matter of how much you wanna spend. I got my set from ORW and got a sweet deal on them. Much cheaper than the evo's I believe.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

My D30 is sleeved and gusseted with EVO. Having the axle sleeved is much more labor intensive than the gussets. I have not had any problems yet. EVO was the only recommendation I received, but I have not heard anything bad about TF.

Last edited by CHIPPER916; 06-09-2011 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by smellytuna
Ok so what are recommend me. I know you have a lot of knowledge on that.
do i just just gusset for the moment and do the sleeves and i regear later. Or i can just gusset D30 and regear later without putting sleeves. Plan to ride 35, maybe 37 in the future. Don't plan to do hardcore rockcrawling...
Lol, I actually have very little experience with these, other than reading and standing around watching an installation. My d30 was bent before I got around to having any of these installed, so rather than dumping a ton of money into straightening, new gears, gussets, sleeves, truss, skids, whatever else, I chose to trash it and swap in a PR.

But assuming you are not planning on a front 44/60 upgrade, consider adding the gussets now, and think about adding sleeves when you have the gears done. One common statement concerning sleeves is "it's cheap insurance". Inner or outer or both (or neither) is your choice, just decide how stout you feel your axle is and go from there.

As far as the brand goes, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. They will all do the same things, so just shop prices and rear reviews. Some people have even posted about installing the TeraFlex gussets, and having the ORE gussets welded on overtop of them. It's all up to you...
Old 06-05-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Went on TF website and just saw c-gussets for top of axle. But if GutlessPhred have upper and lower C's, i should be able to find them too. I will go on this way to reinforce my axle just to be sure to avoid problem with the heavy 35 Toyo. Then will see if I sleeve it or not when I will regear. Thanks for comments!

Quick Reply: which c-gussets & sleeves to go with??