Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

C-Gussets

Old 07-21-2013, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I did mine I did them with ball joints installed. For that reason o welded one inch at a time top and bottom then over to the other side it took around five hours because I allowed the steel to cool to the touch. There is lots to weld when installing C-gussets.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My cousins and I just did mine yesterday. Between new ball joints and gussets it took around 7 hours. 2 hours of that was going out for another ball joint tool that worked and misc parts. Everything looks pretty good.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CerOf
Well, didn't happen. The shop said I would take them four hours and didn't have the time an would have to reschedule. Unfortunately my own welding skills are beyond poor and I don't own a box.

So, have to do it another day.

In the shops defense, they do some really neat things. They had just completed a turbo on motorcycle for which no kit existed. Their welds were very nice ! They don't work on jeeps, but welding is welding. I think this made him a little more cautious and less optimistic on weld time.

Also, AEV flip kit brackets need modifying to make it work. A bit more time.

So, unless another shop in my area has the time, it won't happen until September.

Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
Very interested on cost, and if you can find another shop to do it. I'm in Fort Worth and will be looking to do the same by years end.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had the truss and c gussets welded on. Took 6 hours. Only paid for 3 hours. Cha Ching

Quick Reply: C-Gussets