Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

C clips came out!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bushed bearings? Don't know if I'd like that idea, load, hardness, etc.

Has anyone checked with a bearing house regarding circle clips?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CIJeep
Bushed bearings? Don't know if I'd like that idea, load, hardness, etc.

Has anyone checked with a bearing house regarding circle clips?
Actually once you see one you'll wonder why U-Joints are made any other way. Load? What is the contact area of the little rollers. A fraction of the full contact bushing. Your crankshaft survives quite well with the same set up. Why shouldn't a U-Joint that sees far less movement.

Like I said do a Google search and read the comments and reviews.

If it was as easy as running down to a bearing house to run circle clips there would be several write ups on it. The caps have to be machined for the clips and the yoke has to have room for them. You can always stay with the stock set up and run a couple of tack welds on each cap.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Luckily I didnt have any damage and cuaght it in time, I replaced both sides with ones from the nearest parts store to get me home.
I had this happen in my YJ several times with the 44 I put in it until I started putting the U-joints from a 06 TJ rubi in it, the part number is 760X from 4 wheel parts.
I never broke one and never had the C clips come out on me I always put silicone around the C clips just for extra measure to make me feel better.
I am going to change the one's I put in from the parts store and do this to my JK and see how that goes.

Quick Reply: C clips came out!!!!!!!!