Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

C clips came out!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C clips came out!!!!!!!!

I went wheeling this weekend and the C clips on the front U-joints in the axle shafts came out, Damn it.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That sucks. Was there any other DAMNage?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Leonard Massi
get the circle ones
What are you talking about and where do you get them
Old 01-26-2009, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

I know what your talking about but Dido on the where. Mine are still in place but I'd like to look into this.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nikbass
I know what your talking about but Dido on the where. Mine are still in place but I'd like to look into this.
Oh please let us know what you're talking about!!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I talked to david at northridge about this. From this discussion i believe that the mopar replacement u-joints that he sells include the full circle clips. The CTM joints will also solve the problem (a little expensive though). Give him a call and im sure he can point you in the right direction. Im putting chromoly shafts in before i have to deal with this.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by km2jk
I talked to david at northridge about this. From this discussion i believe that the mopar replacement u-joints that he sells include the full circle clips. The CTM joints will also solve the problem (a little expensive though). Give him a call and im sure he can point you in the right direction. Im putting chromoly shafts in before i have to deal with this.
I just got the CTM's from David. Pricey they are, but they are damn near works of art and look like the stoutest U-Joint I've ever seen. To give you an idea the cross is as large as it could possibly and still fit in the space envelope, but it is not drilled for a grease fitting nor is it drilled to move grease to each bearing surface. Instead each cap has it's own grease fitting. Instead of a bunch of little roller bearings they have a bushing like your crankshaft and rods ride in. No wonder these things have a lifetime warranty.

The downside is that you need an upgraded shaft to run these as I don't think they work in a stock shaft. David has a great price on the remaining AlloyUSA shafts he has. The shafts, CTm's and gusseting the C's will go a long way in strengthening the Rubi's D44. Do a google search on the CTM u-Joints.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I posted this thread Saturday with the same F'ing problem, altho I caught mine in time and avoided further problems and damage and danger.

Check it out,...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/warning-check-your-c-clips-today-69984/

Is JEEP paying attention???
Old 01-26-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by chuck45
I just got the CTM's from David. Pricey they are, but they are damn near works of art and look like the stoutest U-Joint I've ever seen. To give you an idea the cross is as large as it could possibly and still fit in the space envelope, but it is not drilled for a grease fitting nor is it drilled to move grease to each bearing surface. Instead each cap has it's own grease fitting. Instead of a bunch of little roller bearings they have a bushing like your crankshaft and rods ride in. No wonder these things have a lifetime warranty.

The downside is that you need an upgraded shaft to run these as I don't think they work in a stock shaft. David has a great price on the remaining AlloyUSA shafts he has. The shafts, CTm's and gusseting the C's will go a long way in strengthening the Rubi's D44. Do a google search on the CTM u-Joints.
So how much coin and time did this cost you??? To me this is a Fram Oil Filter commercial waiting to happen (pay now or pay later)
Old 01-26-2009, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

david did tell me that the CTM's will fit the stock shafts, but i would just do the whole upgrade with new shafts and all. You are looking at $445 for a set of 2 from northridge. He can do the shafts for $599 shipped also

Quick Reply: C clips came out!!!!!!!!