Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bypass vs Coilover for high speed offroading

Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryant
Attachment 452730

Here is mine
that is my dream setup
RADFLO make bypass shocks fit the JK without any mod. they claim that a company based in Dubai(my home) developing a shocks fit my needs!
here is the email

"Omar,
Thank you for your interest in our Jeep Bypass shocks. These shocks were developed through our master distributor in Dubai, Mebar Auto. I have copied them on this email and they can quote you pricing. Thanks

Mike Crosby
radflo"
the price 3200$ for four shocks dual bypass with RES.!
while i was at there workshop i found a friend who just finished installed the radflo, we decide to do ride tomorrow to compare two JK. one have 2.5"KING shocks with RES and other one with the above setup.
still i think is too much for the shocks only! tomorrow will be the big day
Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bbrown626
If you go with a bolt-on kit, will you be able to add bypasses?
which one??
Old 05-05-2013, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

here is my plan

EVO: Front Double ThrowDown System with coilover shocks only(option to add bypass in future.
and
REBEL: Recon Xtreme Rear Weld-In Jeep JK Coil Over Conversion 2007-2012 with coilover shocks only(option to add bypass in future.

reason:
EVO rear bracket must use coilover and bypass which i cant do, so i replaced it with REBEL rear kit which can accommodate bypass in the future.

radflo shocks or king.!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dxprince
that is my dream setup
RADFLO make bypass shocks fit the JK without any mod. they claim that a company based in Dubai(my home) developing a shocks fit my needs!
here is the email

"Omar,
Thank you for your interest in our Jeep Bypass shocks. These shocks were developed through our master distributor in Dubai, Mebar Auto. I have copied them on this email and they can quote you pricing. Thanks

Mike Crosby
radflo"
the price 3200$ for four shocks dual bypass with RES.!
while i was at there workshop i found a friend who just finished installed the radflo, we decide to do ride tomorrow to compare two JK. one have 2.5"KING shocks with RES and other one with the above setup.
still i think is too much for the shocks only! tomorrow will be the big day
Hey,
I have the exact same situation as yours!
I have the 2.5" king shocks and I'd love to experiance the radflo bypasses that Mebar has. Can you please give us your feedback on these shocks.

Thank you.
Abdulla
Old 02-13-2014, 10:16 PM
JK Newbie

Any update on this?
Old 02-19-2014, 04:08 AM
JK Newbie

I did the test drive, radflo is better but for $$ not worth...
Old 02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dxprince
here is my plan EVO: Front Double ThrowDown System with coilover shocks only(option to add bypass in future. and REBEL: Recon Xtreme Rear Weld-In Jeep JK Coil Over Conversion 2007-2012 with coilover shocks only(option to add bypass in future. reason: EVO rear bracket must use coilover and bypass which i cant do, so i replaced it with REBEL rear kit which can accommodate bypass in the future. radflo shocks or king.!
Why can't you run the Evo lever with coil over only? Pretty sure you can add the bypass shocks later.

Quick Reply: Bypass vs Coilover for high speed offroading