Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bye bye flaspaq

Old 05-01-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bye bye flaspaq

well, after 4 weeks of back and forth to no recourse, i shipped my flashpac back thursday for a refund. after countless failed attempts to correct the problem, thursday it went bye, bye. they wanted me to ship it back to them to try to correct the issue thursday. no sir. they had ample time to correct it. i went with hypertech today. max energy. got a great deal locally. funny, their download for updates was flawless. my unit is ready to go. from day one. imagine that. there was countless hours of wasted time on the flaspac. not to slam SC, but i was very dissapointed in how they handled the issue. as a consumer, you can take your business anywhere. i did.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hypertech is proven - they were the first ones out for the JK, so its no surprise they work well. I think superchips has a proven record of making good stuff, and they'll get there as well, but theres no denying their product is in its infancy.

I wouldn't knock them for bad product - just look at it as their products for the JK are in early development stages still and you weren't willing to wait or be a tester. Nothing wrong with that....
Old 05-01-2009, 08:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never go with a first production model of a product with a company within the first year. Oh wait, I gotta 07' JK Wrangler 4dr, oh nevermind.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Former Member

It seems that this particular Flashpaq is giving a lot of Jeep folks problems. I've read some WK guys that are having the same issues of not having a file to load and lots of back and forth with no progress.

I would give it a few months and wait for the product to level itself out and get a lot more files in their database. I'm sure it will be a good product, but this one will take more time than others.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what seemed to be the problems or issues??????????Quitea few are using SC without any dramas.

Was it the download, CAL not found, etc
Old 05-02-2009, 02:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

agree. i am sure it will be a good product down the road. ZAC, it just would not take my vehicle calibration. 5-6 attempts.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:39 AM
JK Junkie

That's very unfortunate. I know there were some issues with your download the first weekend the product was shipping when Superchips was having some issues getting calibration files uploaded correctly. Some additional attempts and then finally greeted with the lack of calibration data for your vehicle getting in the way. If I'm not mistaken the culprit was a dealer re-flash to correct a steering wheel center issue.

I'm not sure what happened after that, but obviously it didn't go so well. Some additional details would be helpful both to help others avoid the same pitfalls and so Superchips has an understanding of why your programmer didn't work for you.

The process of Superchips putting together all the vehicle calibrations are quite exhaustive and seemingly beyond what their competitors do. That's great if your programmer works out of the box and not so good if you need to wait for them to do it right. I think there is a great measure of altruism that needs to take place when it isn't plug and play, then biting the bullet so the next guy in line with a similar vehicle doesn't need to bite the bullet you did.

I think it's a good idea to read what Scott posted on the subject to have a full understanding of the process.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...50#post1078350

That said I'm disappointed you didn't get the product to work for you. I'm also disappointed you didn't see it through. For me there wasn't any comparison between the performance differences between the Hypertech and the Superchips. Having waited so long for the Superchips to be introduced and completely disappointed with the Hypertech, 4 weeks wouldn't have seemed like such a long time for me, but with one of the very first shipped my out of the box issue was corrected in the first day.

Anyway, I hope the Hypertech meets your expectations and I'm sorry you won't be enjoying what I believe are the greater benefits of the Superchips Flashpaq.

Quick Reply: bye bye flaspaq