Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

buying superchip flashpaq

Old 11-28-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying superchip flashpaq

Hey, i found a used superchip flashpaq locally and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me when i go to check it out. i wasnt planning on taking my jeep to get (save on gas). The seller said it was returned to stock. SO it should be good to go. besides the obvious cables etc. anything other advice?

and any advice on when flashpaq is welcomed.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just make sure its returned to stock and that the TPMS sensor feature has been restored
It should come with a USB cable to attach to PC to update. if not, its a pretty common one you can buy at a store, or probally already have for another device
Old 11-28-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Croce
Just make sure its returned to stock and that the TPMS sensor feature has been restored
It should come with a USB cable to attach to PC to update. if not, its a pretty common one you can buy at a store, or probally already have for another device

Is there a way to check without having it plugged in?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i think when you turn it on (which requires to be plugged in) it tells if its associated to another vehicle
Old 11-28-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Nope, it's a hunk of plastic with a cable until you plug it in.

You are buying from the current owner, correct? Have him plug it in to his JK so you can verify that it is not still vin locked. As noted above, the tpms is a separate function and needs to be re-enabled, in addition to the 'return to stock' to get rid of the tuning, before you take possession of it.

If you get it home and it is still locked to the previous owners vehicle, you will need to make another trip or pay the folks at superchips to unlock it.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Croce
i think when you turn it on (which requires to be plugged in) it tells if its associated to another vehicle
I just sold mine to someone a couple weeks ago. When you first plug it in it will tell you it is associated with a vehicle and list some information. Once I restored my JK back to the stock tune I unplugged the tuner and plugged it back in. If it is not Vin locked when you plug it back in it will boot up and go straight to the screen to select type of tune.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

I am about to take the JK into the dealership and need to restore it back to stock but i disabled the TPMS....does anyone know what it has to be set to? I forgotten what setting it was on when I messed with it

any help is appreciated

Quick Reply: buying superchip flashpaq