Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Busted shock mount help

Old 06-24-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busted shock mount help

I have a set of skyjacker shocks that have been on my jeep about two years. I noticed today that one of the rear top shock mounts busted and my shock was hanging against my muffler. When I compress the shock in, it does not extend out by itself. Does this mean I have to replace the shock? Or just get and new mount and mount it back up
Old 06-24-2013, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

It really depends, you will need to pull off the hardware and inspect the mounting location to see for sure, there are threaded nuts welded to the frame for the upper rear shock mounting location that could be damaged. If they check out then the shock should be the only piece needing replacement.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Krashkource
It really depends, you will need to pull off the hardware and inspect the mounting location to see for sure, there are threaded nuts welded to the frame for the upper rear shock mounting location that could be damaged. If they check out then the shock should be the only piece needing replacement.
Does the shock still need to be replaced if you compress it and it doesn't extend on its own? Sorry don't know much about shocks

Quick Reply: Busted shock mount help