Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bushwhackers

Old 10-03-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ranjr
They are plastic for a reason! Take it from someone who has caught one on a tree, the plastic will give and pop off without damaging the tub of the Jeep. Metal will transfer the impact straight into the tub of the Jeep. Sure my fender is slightly dented and scratched up but at least it's not the body.

Thats why I like them I even used a different rubber gasket that doesn't stick to the body so if I take out a few screws I can remove them. They are a pretty soft plastic I don't think they are going to shatter.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hammerstien
Ha. Jord your scarred for life
I still have nightmares
Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2007 jk

Ran a set of bushwacker pocket flares for 2-3 years on my JK. Finally bent/broke to the point they were falling apart. High quality hardware and good fit. All in all well worth the price. Love the fact they bent before any sheetmetal. Running a set of cheap Rugged Ridge. Not near the quality as BW but much much cheaper. Get what you pay for between these two.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ranjr
They are plastic for a reason! Take it from someone who has caught one on a tree, the plastic will give and pop off without damaging the tub of the Jeep. Metal will transfer the impact straight into the tub of the Jeep. Sure my fender is slightly dented and scratched up but at least it's not the body.
You have a point there. I'm actually trying to close a deal on some used Xenon fenders right now. The price is right.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the bw sand after going to a jeep jamboree this year and ripping one partially off and doing no body damage I was very pleased I just took some silicone and put it back on. Can't. Think of a reason not to get them sure they are expensive but. Quality makes it worth it.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:48 AM
JK Newbie

thanks for all the information guys