Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bushwacker vs. Xenon

Old 02-08-2011, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GCM 2, that's a lot of tires you have in the back there. Is someone else's JK sitting on blocks right now?

Last edited by mattonline; 02-08-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mattonline

GCM 2, that's a lot of tires you have in the back there. Is someone else's JK sitting on blocks right now?
What??? Do you mean that you don't carry five extra tires with you daily (#5 is under the cargo rack) just in case? Haha! Actually, I had sold my old AEV pintlers and KM2's to a friend and snapped a photo that 5 x 35" tires can be carried to his house in one trip!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i love my jk's but, i will have to agree that their bodies are made out of super thin steel. for whatever it's worth, i have seen the best fender impact results with cut factory flares. once cut, they are very flexible and fold easily when hit and if the hit is severe enough, they just tear away. once you're past the obstacle, you can simply snap them back into place - trust me, i say all this with experience
I tore a stock front fender off once...no damage to the sheetmetal or the outer portion of the fender, but the plastic clips that hold the fender on sure are expensive!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:36 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Muleskinner527
I tore a stock front fender off once...no damage to the sheetmetal or the outer portion of the fender, but the plastic clips that hold the fender on sure are expensive!
only if you order them from the dealership. you can get the clips on amazon or ebay for a fraction of the cost.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have both styles and my rear Xenon flare has brushed up against the tree to a point of snapping the plexiglass under the fender but the flare just flexed right back into shape with no body damage.
The Bushwacker ones look a lot nicer but I worry how well they would hold up under the same situation. The Bushwacker's feel way more rigid than the Xenon's do to me.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

I haven't had any experience with hitting them yet...but this is what the website says about them

"Extreme Dura-Flex® 2000 TPO material that bends instead of breaks, then goes back to its shape"
Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Let's hope they aren't located in Florida. Everything here is going out of business.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's hope they aren't located in Florida. Everything here is going out of business.
They look to be headquartered in Anaheim, CA. There's nothing I could find about "Xenon", "American Fabrication Corporation" or "American Best Car Parts" (all same company) going under.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by M-Kane
Is the rumor true that Xenon is going out of business? Or at least not going to make the flares anymore?
They look to be headquartered in Anaheim, CA. There's nothing I could find about "Xenon", "American Fabrication Corporation" or "American Best Car Parts" (all same company) going under.

Quick Reply: Bushwacker vs. Xenon