Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bushwacker Flat Fenders - rear fender inside molding for off roading question

Old 09-16-2011, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bushwacker Flat Fenders - rear fender inside molding for off roading question

Ok, got my BW flat fenders installed a week or so back, took my time and the install looks great. For the 35" tires to fit I used a sawzall and trimmed the sheet metal area that was behind the Rubicon rock rails (removed them for good, put an aftermarket set on)... but here's my question:

-to me it appears that the BW molding for the edge where it meets the factory inner fender liner is too small for a 35" tire to articulate. Yes, tons of room outside the inner fender area but not the inside edge of the inner fender itself. So, what have others done here? I could see trimming the inner fender liner to ensure the tire won't grab that area but then the factory liner to me should just be removed all together because the two will not meet any more.

What are others doing about this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	35's 046.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	211807Click image for larger version

Name:	35's 044.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	211808

Last edited by f2fast4u; 09-16-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone use BW flat fenders with 35" tires or larger?
Old 09-17-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

That's what I'm running. I have a leveling kit installed and there was some minor rubbing at flex but since I have trimmed the pinch seam, I have not heard anything.

Last edited by Ggray; 09-17-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Bushwacker Flat Fenders - rear fender inside molding for off roading question