Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bushwacker flat fenders

Old 04-15-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Careful taking the quick connects apart. I too went black-black/white-white and it didn't work, but this was before I mounted them. So i went to disconnect them and switch them to test it out and the quick disconnects disintegrated into a million pieces. Not a big deal, I just put new connections on there...just an fyi to be gentle
Old 04-15-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bosox5
same thing happened to me, and I havent had time to fix it. I just got new adhesive from bw because I am gonna have to take them off to fix them
so if the fender is removed, we have to replace the rubber strip??
Old 04-15-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by captjay
so if the fender is removed, we have to replace the rubber strip??
the adhesive holding it isnt all that great, just in case I couldnt get them back on with the existing adhesive I wanted to have extra just in case. I cant reach the wiring without taking them off.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bosox5
the adhesive holding it isnt all that great, just in case I couldnt get them back on with the existing adhesive I wanted to have extra just in case. I cant reach the wiring without taking them off.
I hear that. Guess I will be ordering some too. I have to take mine off also for the markers. When I installed the fenders, my side marker lighting wires had been cut off thinking I would never need them. Now I have new wires and clip.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by augichef
My buddy forgot he did the side marker mod which does not work with LED lights..
Mine does
Old 04-15-2011, 08:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jmat1980
Mine does
Just double checked and my bushwacker lights do flash with the turn signal when the headlights or marker lights are on. If they are off, then they wont flash. I think before the LED's the marker lights flashed when off as well. Oh well, good enough for me...
Old 04-15-2011, 08:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by captjay
I hear that. Guess I will be ordering some too. I have to take mine off also for the markers. When I installed the fenders, my side marker lighting wires had been cut off thinking I would never need them. Now I have new wires and clip.
just give bushwacker a call, they were real cool about sending me new install kit free of charge.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just to follow up... I ordered new edging and pulled off the front flares and reversed the wires (now black to white... versus black to black) and reinstalled. everything is working good now...
Old 05-02-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JaxLoki
Just to follow up... I ordered new edging and pulled off the front flares and reversed the wires (now black to white... versus black to black) and reinstalled. everything is working good now...
Yep.......I did the same thing.

Quick Reply: Bushwacker flat fenders